"tanks" And Other Things That Could Be Done In 6.0

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I didn't start this thread because I'm looking for a consents from anyone. I just merely talking about what can be done in 6.0. Be warned there is a wall of texts. This is your chance to leave if you wish.

There're 3 people that I put in my ignore list right now :

Hierro,AC9Breaker. If dev ever look at this thread I don't want them to see 3-4 pages covered with trolls feeding. There is no need for that.

ItMe. A chain of comments and reply like OP is *bla,bla,bla* OP should *bla,bla,bla* are usually followed. Sometime it is more about OP than the subject of discussion. There is also no need for that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read some "tanks need to change" and "should tank work for aggro?" it was created half year ago and it still didn't have a conclusion. My suggestion is this :

From now on make the bosses in Savage raid and Ultimate raid in 6.0 and beyond have instant and no telegraphing tank buster
Like Susano's Assail/Titan's Mountain Buster. Individual tank skill will be tested and experienced tank would be recognized.
Extreme and normal raid can keep the weaker version of bosses that have tank buster with cast time to retain accessibility.

Enmity combo ender isn't a must have
After all said and done it is just "Here! Titan I hit you with my power slash/butcher block/savage blade, I'm your biggest concern hit me now!!" [lowest potency combo ender that barely make a scratch by the way]
What can be done to replace this mechanic is to
-remove Interrupt effect from Head Glaze role action of bard,machinist and dancer and replace it with stun/paralysis.
-make Interrupt an exclusive tank ability and make boss periodically target the dps job[could be the people with highest dps to mimic the enmity system] and cast/ready the tank buster that must be interrupted by interject.
- Interject can be an action that required charging/recast time reduction by taking damage so only main tank can use it.

Make Tank duty button more rewarding or more epic.... or both

-There is something in stormblood like Susano's "Blade's shadow" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpaZd-koGtg although there are no extra reward beside that you get to keep you life but the spectacle has enhancing effect for the tanking experience and make it a fight worth to be remembered.

-In shadowbringer e5s the tank duty button is just do or die and no reward. I feel like there is a wasted opportunity in that fight design. Instead of making the sub tank endured the hard time with no reward the thunder bird could use a tank buster by flying and crashing into the sub tank before disappeared and leave behind a special orb that can be picked up open the a duty button that when used a lightning can be throw at Ramuh to make him enter vulnerable status, stop levitate, fall to the ground, take more damage and can't do anything for a short period of time.

These 3 things will make tanking more engaging and make a tank be more than just a boss's punching bag.

Continue reading...

Back