Tales of Vesperia on hard mode... f**k me

Benny

{too weak}{Black Mage}
FC/Active Member
This game is fucking insane on hard mode, not the normal enemies so much, but the bosses are WTF... to give you an idea, the boss my brother and I spent 2 hours trying (and failing) to kill tonight had 66000 HP, our best attacks do 600 maybe, except that the weakest of his attacks will take 1/4 of one or more of our member's total HP. Plus he starts with 3 mobs that have 8000 HP each also. There's no taunt or provoke, so he'll generally just chase after player 1 (meaning you can kite him effectively) except occasionally he'll just charge off and fucking murder the healer girl. Plus we're stuck at this fight since the way back is closed off, so we can't go back and replenish our items even (which would be a big fucking help). Argh.

Ah well, it's healthy to vent in the Rant forums :)

-benny

By the way, the fact that you're rooted in one spot as soon as you begin casting a spell is fucking bullshit. It also makes it impossible to play a mage as player 1 (enemy AI *highly* prioritizes attacking player 1) because either the mobs attack and interrupt your spell, or they're so far away to start with that the spell misses. Unless they have skills later that change this somehow, in which case I'm pissed anyway because it should have been part of the base design. Even if you interrupt your spell and still lose TP it would be better than being forced to watch as your character gets trampled on by a mob halfway across the screen.

-benny

Is the game fun though? or is it just like all the other tales games? lol

not that they're bad or anything but... yeah...

koul stop posting on the message board and go on vent

It's the first Tales game I've ever played. I'm enjoying it tremendously. For the record we beat that boss first try this morning :) hehe

-benny

I saw the trailer for it. The game looks looked really good, but it's missing one thing: a PS3 version. >_>

Eternal Sonata will be on PS3 this fall, thankfully. Throw in Valkyria Chronicles (assuming gameplay matches the amazing art style), and I should be set for RPGs this year. ^_^

I have a backlog to work on until those are released anyway. I'm currently on the 2nd disc of FF8, for instance. :p

Lol I thought this was a new thread, then I saw the date. For the record, I absolutely love the tales games.. Call me old school bit I like that they've kept the same basic battle system since the days of SNES. A few tweeks to keep it interesting here and there..

Tales of the Abyss though.... I like it, I really do.... The load times ruin the entire experience. Almost an entire minute of loading for some battles.. It's insane..

Rumor has it that Tales is coming to the PS3. It's already confirmed for a PS3 Japanese launch, and I think I read somewhere that the team was in the process of looking for some people who specialize in E<->J localization but they gave no hint about what for. So the most logical guess everyone had is that it was for English Tales PS3.

Back