Sprout Report: 50 Hours Later

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Greetings my fellow cat, potato and other species lovers!

Man its been an amazing 10 tens or so.

About two weeks ago I saw Jesse Cox starting the game and around the same time I found Zepla HQ on YT and watched some stuff.

One thing lead to another.. and now Ive played 50 hours already LOL.

Part 1: Turns out controller can be amazing

Coming from years of wow and other mmos on my PC and now playing FF14 on my ps4 was a change for sure.

I watched videos, asked for tips in the daily thread and spend way too much time adjusting my controll and hotbar stuff.

Pro Tips:

• Sprint on L3 is amazing

• If healer, Focus target of target on R3 is a godsent

• Crossbar customasation is sooooo important. I spend a bunch of time experimenting what I like best. And once you find somrthing that works, the game gets way more fun!

• For ps4: omg having a macroed levelsync makes life MUCH easier.. go get it!

Part 2 story? Story.... story! Its good yall

Its slow for sure.. Im lvl 34 (MSQ 28 atm). The begining stuff in Limsa was kinda boring. I still read through all the MSQ text.

The story got much better after that and still is great. Tho I gotta say, this one is very annoyed by the way these ones talk.

Reading slypth stuff got... how do you say this? Super lame and annoying fast.

The few cutscenes that are voiced are really good, just wished there was more... but I see why there arent. Theres just too much darn text haha.

Really looking forward to what else the story throws at me.

P.S. the class quest story lines are really good aswell! I did the arcanist and conjurer ones up to 30 so far.

Part 3 wait.. the combat isnt slow anymore?!

Im 34 on my summoner now, and the dot, dot, life drain, fester, ifrit punch opening is really fun to use and also super strong :)

If the combat is fun now, then I cannot wait for more skills.

Im also playing scholar for dungeons and level a whitemage on the side and healing + dpsing is nice aswell. I just wish there maybe was like a 3rd attack spell for each? Maybe in the future.

Part 3.5 but actually.. why you gotta do this to scholar?!

I was excited to finally hit 30, become a scholar and heal. But so far its kinda a dissapointment. So far they have taken away the aetherflow mechanic and with that two skills. Miasma is gone, no aoe spreading, only two attack spells.

What do we get for that? One new skill and one CD heal.

Im sure sch will be more fun once I get more skills. But the transition from arcanist to scholar felt baaaaaad. Was really happy that you get summoner aswell.

Ive read this was changed maybe only recently, but having the story explain the difference between Eos and Selene and then them beeing mechanicly the same sucked lol.

Part 4 in which I talk a bit more

Today I did nearly no MSQ or leveld my combat jobs... I did some hunting logs, leveled all theee gathering jobs, did class quests for them.

Then leveled some of my DoH jobs more... turned in stuff to my GC and did some leves.

This game has SO MUCH to offer. I feel like I get the game now. But Im still only at the beginning...

TL;DR: I found my mmo forever home. Cant wait to join yall at endgame!

submitted by /u/MotherOfQuaggan
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back