Some Suggestions For Endgame Content: Please Make Us Whipe

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
TL;DR: Please add some challenges to endgame PVE where we can fail which do not require extensive knowledge on specific encounters.

I have been playing the game for four months now and I really enjoy it coming from the dark side of MMOs (WOW). The classes are balanced, the roles are clear and fleshed out, the game system itself and the PVE content is fine.

Having hit max level a month ago I feel like there is a little bit of a hole, an unfulfilled promise, unless you are doing savage raids. I miss the chance to fail, ever, not personally but to whipe as a group.
The reason for this (what I feel as) endgame "lul" is that there are challenges I do not have the time to reach (no constant evening time slot for savage raids static etc.) but I still would like to be challenged by the content.

To me PVE is missing some kind of challenge which is less coordination and learning based than savage but still hard and failable. I didn't wipe once in e5-8 non-savage and it doesn't feel like a challenge at all.
Raiding has so many safe-the-day/recovery mechanics it is hard to whipe as a group unless doing savage.

WOW has Mythic plus dungeons and while i hate (!) the gearing system in that game being able to just scale up the difficulty of dungeons is great and challenging. If you cannot fail you cannot succeed.
Drop some glam for people to show off what they achieved and you have 30 minute challenges that are as hard as people like.

Or drop a group of people in a random encounter against adds and a final boss with easy to understand (and obvious) but punishing mechanics so they have to be on their heels to not whipe. Require people to crowdcontrol a specific add or die. Something like higher levels of POTD but in a very condensed, more foreseable and punishing form. Make us struggle.
No need for loot except for glam stuff and maybe a lvl 7-8 gem or two.

PVE content basically revolves around three types of difficulty:
1. Job-mechanics: how well you dps with your class, keep aggro, heal/shield etc.
2. General game-mechanics: run away when you're in aoe indicator, cc adds, run to mate on converging arrows, use lb, react in time etc.
3. Encounter specific knowledge: what do i need to do exactly in this encounter at what time?

Savage tests all three of these difficulties and most of all the last one. It is a complex dance with a very strict choreography. I would very much enjoy more endgame content which mostly focuses on the first two types of difficulties. Allow us to improvise on the fly.

Cheers

Continue reading...

Back