So what classes would be useful?

Rektify

More things change the more they stay the same.
Ultima Legacy
I know it's pretty early, but I was wondering - is there any class or party type (dd/tank/healer) you guys could see us needing when we get to larger party content?

The game seems ultra-saturated with DD's, but is that the case with people's favorite jobs in Ultima?

Level what you'd like to and we'll fill the gaps. Play what you enjoy! It's all about having fun!

I don't think anyone has an idea what we would "need" at this point regardless.

Enjoy the game for now, I say.

Myself, I'll probably be doing Paladin first, as I'm currently really enjoying Gladiator.

Plus there's no actual count of jobs people have at this point.

Im with Rax and rolling Gld and Archer. But have to agree...play what you like. Im sure there are sooooooo many 1.0 folks that lvled all jobs already that we shouldnt have any issue finding the gaps

I'll see if I'm any good at tanking (interested in PLD) in FFXIV. I will be playing on PS3/4 mostly, the controls for targeting in groups left me a little worried.

I'll probably do some THM as well, and if they ever bring back red mages...

At the moment I'm loving THM and CON. Like FFXI, I looove healing people. Also like you said, I'm finding it difficult to target people in a fight but I figure that'll come with experience.

I just love the solo potential of THM with cure spells. I've soloed every battle so far and that one with the masked dude and his gargoyle was fun as hell.

I'm sure there must be some way to target specific party members or tab between people in one's group or whatever.

I'm sure there must be some way to target specific party members or tab between people in one's group or whatever.

Party Members: Funciton Keys (F1, F2, etc...)
Tab also works in some cases, you have to adjust your key bind settings.

I've been playing with it, but I've not come up with a really good combination as of yet.

You can also change what you target depending on if you're engaged or not. I really like that. If I'm engaged, mobs only.

And yeah you can set shortcuts to change what you can target as well.

Edit: of course I'm speaking from a tanking perspective.

Maybe a little of both lol.

Heh. I like the fact that there's a hate meter and its shows who the mob is targeting on. :)

And I like how they outline range of mob special attacks. So easy to get out of the way.

And I like how they outline range of mob special attacks. So easy to get out of the way.

Strafe commands are nice for that and Archer has a knock back action/ability (actually 2 of them) to immediately jump out of the way, super useful in tight spots.

Party Members: Funciton Keys (F1, F2, etc...)
Tab also works in some cases, you have to adjust your key bind settings.

I've been playing with it, but I've not come up with a really good combination as of yet.

I was talking specifically about controlling it with a gamepad. The issue I had was having a hard time getting engaged with a second mob once the first in a group dies, specifically. On MRD it was an issue because his AoE attack (equivalent to Flash) needed a target and if I wasn't getting it off because I had no target, the mobs would take off.

I was talking specifically about controlling it with a gamepad. The issue I had was having a hard time getting engaged with a second mob once the first in a group dies, specifically. On MRD it was an issue because his AoE attack (equivalent to Flash) needed a target and if I wasn't getting it off because I had no target, the mobs would take off.

Ohhhhh. I'm such a keyboard player, I keep forgetting about controller/pS3 users.

I haven't had any complaints about targeting with controller myself.

Back