Small Rant About Tanking/fight Design For Tank.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
So yeah where to start with this... In SHB tanking is just became way too easy and boring and here is why. In savage/extreme trial you don't ever need all of the mitigation tools AKA cds.. Tanks have nice amount of CDs but you barely need to use them because you can just use invuln on TB and swap after or just use 30% or 20% mitigation CD and then TBN, Sheltron, HOS or RI and you are fine. There isn't that many TB which both tanks need to share or tanks are low on CDS and need other type of mitigation help like feint/shields or other healer mitigation tool. Like E3s if you have War and DRK those two tanks can invuln all of the TBs.. Other tank you just have to do couple swaps and split the TB... Then E7s is basically only one where you can share TB between tanks but you can also Invuln it or eat the whole TB as a solo or share the 2nd hit with party. Like most TB now require swap because of debuff not because of other tank is out of CDs which would be really nice.

Then the mechanics...

There is big lack of mechanics for tanks.. There isn't really anything special to tanks deal with.. Almost every mechanic which needs tank also needs/effects dps/healer there is very limited amount of mechanics for tanks only in savage/extreme trial atm.

Then the aggro or enmity...

Like there is no challenge to hold aggro any more because of shirk and then tank stance which you have on like 100% of the time.. Like before there was stance dance and more stuff to keep ur eyes on but now you just basically have tank stance on and you are doing ur rotation and thats about it. Like before if you weren't in most optimal team comp you had to use tank stance to gain aggro/enmity and then swap DPS stance but now its just tank stance and shirk and you can't lose aggro which makes it really boring...

Then the tanks it self...

PLD is probably most unique tank right now and somewhat different what it was back in the day but probably biggest issue with PLD is the fact its much better OT then MT and then why the f pld has gauge most useless feature on that tank tbh..

GNB it feels more of a DPS then a tank it kinda has nice kit, but kinda feels a PLD copy someway and has nice feel to the kit, but it get really boring really fast only special thing is the cartridges and the combo which uses cartridges. Other then that way too simple job to play.

WAR basically hasn't changed at all.. Still has the same basic thing which is Storm's eye and it can get annoying to apply it, but its better now then it was before 5.3. I don't really know what to say about Warrior now a days it's just way too similar what its has been for while now which gets really boring for me.

DRK basically copy of the War with out the sustain.. Not that much different and its also really simple and easy to play. Its IMO much better now then it was in Stormblood, but still i prefer HW DRK much more then the current one. Still DRK has the worst invuln but best self mitigation CD which is TBN.

What i personally would like to have as a tank is much more stuff to do in savage fight. It would be nice to have TB which i have to share with Co-tank or i have to swap because im out of CDs and not only split them here and there or invuln or force swap because of debuff. Like T13 back in the day was really nice fight as a tank. You had stuff to do like take those tethers and then you had to share the akh morns with your co-tank and last set of the akh morn you needed everything you had left on CD. E1s had a good start you had basically triple TB first you had the Vice of virtue beam then spear of paradice and after that you had prey dot which hurt like hell, but then it kinda fell after that part.. Then the Tanks should be much more unique they don't feel like better design copy of other tank and should be much more engaging/rewarding to play and you actually feel like a tank.

submitted by /u/Bushido_Dignified
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back