Slayers~

Valgavv

'Former - Master Thief'
FC/Active Member
For those who don't know, my name comes from one of the funniest, coolest anime series called Slayers.. Apparently they have a new season out! So for all you Slayer fans, check out "Slayers Revolution" :bfg:~

Mmmmmmmm I haven't watched slayers in forEVER.... now I really want to... Valg which ones were the funny series and which were the serious ones? I always forget

-benny

They pretty much all had funny and serious sides, didn't they? The movies/OVAs were generally light-hearted fun, but each series had both. Maybe the first was a bit more on the comic side, but I'll never ever forget one character's scream towards the end when she witnessed what had happened (purposely being vague so no spoilers). It was heart-rending. ;_; I get chills just thinking about it....

I love Slayers. I named one of my favorite Disgaea characters LinaInverse (rainbow mage iirc). =^.^= I don't download subs hardly at all anymore, but I might make an exception for this new series.

Wait wait, so like 10 years later, they come out with a new slayers series? This feels like when I heard the New Kids on the Block were getting back together.

Seriously. I remember seeing fansubs of Slayers Try in like 1998 and hoping for more and NOTHING. God, I was in high school and used to D/L stuff and burn to CD at the computer lab after school because they had the fastest connection around (was still running dial-up at home). Nostalgia FTL. -_-

lol Sorry for the late response.. been really busy.. but to answer your question Benners.. it's just as Varda says.. they were all pretty funny more or less.. the trend I saw was basically.. they set up the main plot with just funny stuff (usually beginning of the series), the main plot kicks off and it gets serious, then they end it on a funny note.. basically how all the series (except the ovas which were funny throughout) went. This new one is following the same trend.

I have a distinct memory of one of them being a lot heavier than the rest. I want to say Next but may have been Try. I'm tempted to pick up the light novels but I have a feeling they'd be hard slogging, vocabulary-wise.

-benny

The OVAs I didn't care for as much, but I thought Slayers Great lived up to its name. ^_^

Back