Shining Cloth / Cashmere {Found it!}

Jotaru

shinobi-no-mono
FC/Active Member
Taken from a Killingifrit forum page; I'm inclined to believe this is true.

I've been lacking in posting material lately, so it's about time I found something useful to post.

Ladies and Gents, there is another way to obtain the Cashmere Threads besides killing Vrtra now. It's through Desynthinthis.

1101.jpg

1102.jpg

1103.jpg

1104.jpg

I apologize for the above screenshots in Japanese and their poor quality. Basically, the screenshots above are people Desynthing Vir Subligar and Femina Subligar (which are obtained through shops in Tavnazia from NPCs Migran and Misseulieu, costing 8,000,000g) so when HQed, they obtain a Shining Cloth, and when NQed, they obtain 3 Cashmere Threads. The Bazaar screenshot you see above is the said person who has done the Desynthinthis and is obviously taking advantage of the fact (that's two Cashmere Cloth and 3 Shining Cloths).

While I'm not sure which craft is required or which crystal you need in order for the Desynthithis, this will undoubtedly make rich crafters go and test their luck on Desynthing the Subligars to make more Sha'ir Bodies.

8,000,000 gil for the synthesis material is a lot, and I'm sure you all know how desynthises caps at around 50% success rate, no matter what your level... HOWEVER, when Desynth succeeds, it has about a 50% chance to HQ.....

8,ooo,ooo at a chance for 9-30m {Hmm...{}

Looking at other information on the page, this is a BIG (and confirmed) find... We have any Clothcrafters 95+ in the shell? I would be willing to put up some cash as I'm sure others would so we can do some of this on our own... Having UltimaLS with the first Sha'ir Manteels or extra cashmere / shining cloth to sell would definitely be very outstanding (hopefully before others on Valefor catch on)

Think about it, 8 mil per desynth. 25% chance of Shining Cloth (50% desynth * 50% chance of that HQ for SC = 25%). So the odds say that on average you will spend 32 mil for one SC. Granted, 25% of the time you will get Cashmere thread, taking that into consideration:

SC = 20 mil or so last I heard
I also heard Cashmere threads 8 mil each?

As you approach infinite Desynths,

spending 32m for four synths = 20m+ 3*8m or 44m.

This is based on said crafter being 50 levels above the desynth skill cap which we have no way of knowing. If you want to try it, by all means do so, but it is highly probable that this is either fake or the success rate is really low due to the desynth cap being fairly high. I wouldn't stake my money on it until I saw it done by someone with at least 50% success.

Cashmere cloth, from my understanding, sells for about 40M on other servers. You get three thread, or one cloth, from a NQ result, which for Desnything I have heard to be around 25-50%. 4x 8m = 32M... HOWEVER - it is an item not yet on Valefor.

Anyhow, just thought I'd point it out for those who might be interested, sorry if its not effective usage of money.

Back