Severe Raid Anxiety And Group Difficulties

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
So this is my first post on Reddit, or any community platform really, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place, etc. I just don't know where to go to ask for advice.

I've been playing FF14 for a fair amount of time now. I started probably around the middle of Stormblood and have adored the game ever since. However, I live with depression and anxiety so the social aspect of the game, as well as the 'endgame content' has always scared me. I like the idea of tough fights, teamwork, and communication but when I try to put myself out there (really just in Party Finder) things tend to go wrong and that fear is reinforced. I do really want to raid and get things like mounts, equipment, and glamour, but I don't know how to overcome the giant hurdle of what I guess is finding people to do this content with and overcoming my fears of interacting with others. I have made one big success in this though. I completed my first raid,>! Memoria Misera EX!<, and it was a lot of stress, anxiety, and overall uneasiness. I also main Healer (I play WHM. I prefer AST but I'm far too clumsy to attempt raiding as it. And I'm a terrible SCH.) so it's more stressful.

I'm a fairly slow learner and not the brightest bulb in the box so waiting to find Party Finder groups for content I want to learn is difficult or sometimes impossible. Especially if the content is older and everyone already knows the fights. It means I don't get consistent practice and I forget what I'm doing if I do find a group. I've tried recruiting through Party Finder but it always falls apart, or it spirals down to where my anxiety forces me to leave (I know it's a terrible thing of me to do, and I feel awful for it).

I guess what I would like to know is, does anyone have any tips on how to overcome this? Should I attempt to find an actual raid group? Should I just keep trying to use Party Finder? Is there another option? I'm in an FC but I don't know anyone and reaching out to strangers is utterly terrifying. I also don't have any friends to play with so I'm doing this on my own which is also terrifying.

I apologize for the rambling post. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

submitted by /u/AnAnxiousPanda
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back