SE is so helpful..

Falkieri

Gone and back again.. and again..
FC/Active Member
Got this shortly after logging out of Celeste earlier this evening..

---This mail is sent to those players who have requested character restoration for deleted characters in FINAL FANTASY XI. If you have no recollection of requesting this support, we apologize for any inconvenience this message may have caused, and ask that you please send a reply.---

Dear Customer:
We were unable to restore the character in question for one or all of the following reasons:

-The requested character never existed.
Um.. ok >_>

→Please check the Character name, World name, and Deletion Date.
Char and World name I have.. Date? Err.. Last April

-Expiration of retention period since the character was first deleted.
Huh?

→Please confirm the date and time of character deletion.
Date and Time? I was supposed to remember that?

-The character requested did not exist on the Contents ID.
Sure it did.. i still have every Content ID I ever had.

→If the character did not actually exist on the contents ID in question, we are unable to provide restoration services.

We are sorry that we were unable to restore your character in response to your application.

It is possible to apply for character restoration services again. However we ask that you please check the reasons listed above. If you wish to re-apply, we ask that you do not send the application through a reply to this mail, but through contacting the Play Online Information Center one more time.

So basically they're saying they don't want to use a little effort and restore him. I'm going to try one more time tomorrow and i'll let you guys know what's up later in the afternoon.

Re: SE is so helpful.. (Falk)

Falkieri said:
-Expiration of retention period since the character was first deleted.
Huh?

They keep your character in the archives for up to a year after you punch the delete button. If it's anything like most companies, probably longer. Two friends of mine returned to the game even after having deleted their characters because it had not been the full year since deleting.

Not sure this helps, since you deleted your charater last April, and it's now May.

Did you create a new char on the old ID? Maybe once you do that that delete everything before the new char. Maybe thats why they say it never existed.

I also have heard of that causing a hiccup, I read about that a few times. What I read, however, is that apparently when you make a new char on a deleted char's Content ID, they're both 'linked' to that ID and SE has no real way to tell which is which. There was a case of a guy on KI or Alla that did that, and had a character restored, and they restored the wrong one... And if they do that you're fux'd. Donno what's up, really, but they seriously should be a bit more specific. OBVIOUSLY at least THEY know why it can't be restored, and you're a paying customer, you think they might try to help...

Then again, SE has a F rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Sassafras said:
Not sure this helps, since you deleted your charater last April, and it's now May.

Found a post I made on another board after I left. Turns out I deleted on May 25, 2005 which is within their time frame.

And yeah that's what I figure the problem was. Creating Missfit on Falk's ID is probably what's screwing me. What pisses me off is that they had me delete all my toons to restore Falk, and now they say they can't do that. 50 bucks says they won't restore Missfit either since they claim they won't restore characters deleted during the Restoration program.

I called SE today and was prepared to give them a nice ripping but the person I got this time was nice and listened to everything I had to say.

I finally figured out which ID Falk was on by looking at the date each ID was created (didn't know I could do that) and the guy told me that they most likely checked the wrong ID for the character.. hence the reason they couldn't restore him.

Gave them all the information I could remember on Falk and they're trying again. I should hopefully know something by Tuesday of next week, the CSR talked like they shouldn't have a problem getting him back up.. we'll see. If it doesn't pan out then I guess I'll make another Falk and start from scratch since they did tell me that they couldn't restore Missfit.

1) Utterly RETARDED about Missfit, i know you worked hard to come back, leading me to

2) I REALLY hope they can restore Falkieri, soudns like it might be working now. Gluck on that bro, hope to see the real Falk back very soon.

Last edited:
Back