Requesting Kanji...

Jotaru

shinobi-no-mono
FC/Active Member
At the risk of sounding like a nerdy uninformed fanboy, I am looking at getting a tattoo in the next few months... and I want the main focus to be 'new beginning', and due to the style that I'm doing it in, would like the kanji for it (or how it would be typically written in japanese)

I'm not a big fan of googling things to be permanently etched onto my body, or asking someone who 'kinda sorta' knows, so was wondering if one of you kind fellers might be willing to help me out- if there's another term that means the same basic idea but is more often used (or represents the term more accurately than a literal translation of 'new beginning') please list that as well- I want it to be done right.

If things work out and I can decide on a final design I would be more than happy to post finished tat here, if people are interested.

Thanks in advance--

image.php

You should rethink your tat and just use your avatar

say it with me....
G!
A!
Y!

-ara

æ–° = new, recent, fresh, modern (13 strokes)
始 = begin, start; then, only then (8 strokes)
初 = beginning, initial, primary (7 strokes)

新初 = New Edition...

Hmm, there are a couple of variations...

新しい始まり = New Beginning, in normal Japanese. Note the bold Kanji that I listed above.

Last edited:
Regardless of the language, you'll still be a five dolla' Hotaru!

-----------------------------

Joe - pics of grooves... stat!

Bleh.. Any way one of you nice fellers could put that in a .jpg or something? I've been having a hell of a time trying to install Japanese fonts onto this computer... It doesn't wanna do it -.-

See the attachment...

Top = What I posted.
Bottom = What Pussen Posted

Attachments

• Kanji.jpg
    Kanji.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 29
Why didn't you post this on BG like your lady troubles post? WERE GOOD ENOUGH FOR TATTOO ADVICE BUT NOT FOR MEETING THE GF'S PARENTS WHO LIVES FOREVER AWAY? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

only 1 word "始" makes sense to me.

PS.
1 word kanji from FF11 WS
Rin = 臨 Retsu = 烈 Teki = 滴 Tou = 凍 Chi = 地
Ei = 影 Jin = 迅 Ten = 天 Ku = 空 Blade: Metsu = 生者必滅

Don't be an unoriginal faggot.

A lesson we could all learn, but seriously, if you are a man and getting a Kanji tattoo it has to be above the crack of your ass. Now I know what you are thinking, but I don't make the rules, so don't complain to me.

Just avoid names. My grandfather had a "Pearl" tat on his arm but was married to Margaret lol.

Just be careful Jot - don't come out looking like an effeminite Yakuza wannabe.

I'm doing my best, and I understand COMPLETELY the idea that kanji tattoo's are very unoriginal - I feel the same way about most people I see with them.

However, due to some things that have happened in the past few months, and some things to change very soon, this is something that has some significance to it, not just 'Hey, kanji looks cool'... Like I said, when I get it drawn up, I will post a picture, and hopefully it will make more sense and not look totally effeminate / fanboy-ish.

Its something that the more I run through my head the more sense it makes, and it has significance on a few levels- I originally hated the ideas of a tattoo, then kinda wanted one, and decided that I was never going to walk in a tattoo parlor and look at pictures and choose one and say 'that one' like so many people I know... I want to see something evolve from a basic idea, and add in a few elements, and say 'That's something I need to be a part of me' - call me GAY OMGZ but I've decided its what I want and to be honest it doesn't phase me :) It just seems right to me.

Thanks for the help, I will post a picture soon... will do my best to not look too flamboyant. PS Sojourn, stop stalking me.

Fod - Also about the name, I made a pact to never ever get a tattoo with a name on it unless its a child's, which hopefully is no time soon :p

I understand your statement Jot. I have 4 tats, all with significant stories to them. One I even drew, but the last one I got 18 months ago is a Kanji, and even though I didn't want to follow the mass crowd, it was the best simple representation of what I needed. Granted my tats are for personal accord and not for display. Fod, I will get that pic to you, just been busier than I wanted to be as of lately. Was nice meeting you as well and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Atleast you aren't just getting a random kanji tat that you *think* you know what it means. :p

I'd personally never get [any] one, just something I feel that isn't really necessary.

Just avoid names. My grandfather had a "Pearl" tat on his arm but was married to Margaret lol.

I LOL'd. Jere's dad has that too. He's got several women's names on various arms, forearms, back, chest. Jere's mom is the one on his chest, but I still laugh my ass off. List your prior conquests on your skin! I wonder if Pussenboots would be totally covered in tattoos like that wannabe yakuza. :p Haha!

He's got several women's names on various arms, forearms, back, chest.

Zeri's boyfriends dad is apparently a spideresque mutant man with many arms and forearms.

I liked that tattoo on that episode of Monk where the guy got Monk's face tattoo'd on his bicep, and had a dagger tattoo'd on his forearm, and when he did curl's it looked like he was stabbing monk in the face with a dagger. I like creative shit like that, not unoriginal "BUT THIS KANJI MEANS SOMETHING TO ME PERSONALLY" bullshit (no offense puss, but you haven't sent me those pictures so im getting testy!).

Zeri's boyfriends dad is apparently a spideresque mutant man with many arms and forearms.

I liked that tattoo on that episode of Monk where the guy got Monk's face tattoo'd on his bicep, and had a dagger tattoo'd on his forearm, and when he did curl's it looked like he was stabbing monk in the face with a dagger. I like creative shit like that, not unoriginal "BUT THIS KANJI MEANS SOMETHING TO ME PERSONALLY" bullshit (no offense puss, but you haven't sent me those pictures so im getting testy!).

LOL! What episode of Monk was that? Sounds awesome

And yeah, Harry (jere's dad) is a mutant. But seriously, tattoos of other women's names on left forearm, left bicep, right bicep, and back? Then coming in last, his wife's name on his chest. Oh yeah, she must have felt REAL special coming in 5th. /sarcasm Perfect example why not to get tattoos of names.

Back