Relic Weapon Demos

Archain

Kitteh Paws
nice watching excalibur just makes me want to get the thiefs Mandau even more. If anyone gets Mandau before i do (very possible) i would love to see the damage on your latents and such.

Mandau seems to have a pretty nasty poison associated with it. One of the THF's in Ballista has used it and it's been reported to do -10HP/tic poison damage (about half of a Serket poison).

pol2005-06-1820-33-59-64.jpg

pol2005-06-1820-33-57-75.jpg

normal_Issei3.jpg

Batardeau

img_0003.JPG

Last edited:
nice @ poison but what about additionals? i saw in the video Excalibur did 100-150 normal but was popping off 350-450+ additionals

I think it's pretty much agreed that all relic weapons have a chance to do triple damage. I've heard of other relic weapons having the same random occurences of triple damage.

yeahbut dagger damage sucks normally our saving factor is triple attack thus making it fire way more often.

If you looked at the Excalibur video, you'll notice that two different damages were recorded. Each weapon seems to have an 1) additional effect, 2) a triple DMG activation, and an 3) after effect when the weaponskill is used.

excalibur1.png

Additional Effect on Excalibur = Damage proportionate to current HP (375 DMG in video)
Triple Damage = 456 Triple Damage process
After WS effect = After using KoR, the player receives Regen of 10 HP / 3 sec.

If you checked out Apocalypse, you'll notice it has the same setup too.

Additional Effect on Apocalypse - Blindness process
Triple Damage - 457 Triple Damage and 633 Triple Damage (with critical)
After WS effect - Drains target's HP. Additional Effect: Haste

Repost of the effects after WS, if you've missed it before.

All WS info was extracted from the .DAT files by Faranim using FFXITool.

Final Heaven - Additional Effect: temporarily enhances Subtle Blow effect.
Mercy Stroke - Additional Effect: temporarily improves critical hit rate.
Knights of Round - Additional Effect: Regen
Scourge - Additional Effect: temporarily improves critical hit rate.
Onslaught - Lowers target's Accuracy. Additional effect: temporarily increases Attack.
Metatron Torment - Lowers target's defense. Additional effect: temporarily lowers damage taken from enemies
Catastrophe - Drains target's HP. Additional Effect: Haste
Geirskogul - Additional effect: Shock Spikes.
Blade: Metsu - Additional Effect: temporarily enhances Subtle Blow effect.
Tachi: Kaiten - Additional Effect: temporarily increases amount of TP stored with each hit.
Randgrith - delivers a Shield Break attack. Additional effect: temporarily improves Accuracy.
Gate of Tartarus - Lowers target's Attack. Additional effect: Refresh
Namas Arrow - Additional effect: temporarily improves Ranged Accuracy.
Coronach - Additional effect: temporarily lowers enmity.

WTF, Shock Spikes?

relichorn.jpg

The fully upgraded Relic horn adds +2 to every song.

The 4th Stage relic horn "Millenium Horn" is +2 to each song as everyone knows. However, that +2 on Ballad IS INFACT +2 mp to EACH ballad song. Ballad I is now 3 mp a tick, Ballad II is now 4 mp a tick. IRON on Bismarck, an NA LS, has upgraded the horn and has proof that it is indeed 7mp a tick now with both ballads. I'll redo this video this Sunday with him using Soul Voice as well, but until then here's this (Soul Voice + Refresh was 17mp a tick).

Relic Horn's effect on Ballad

Last edited:
ThOsE ShOcK SpIkEs BeTtEr Be LiKe MoThEr GlObE!

(Anti-GUANMODE filter, very clever!)

v2.02 will have to address this....

hah yeah but we dont need special things because imagine triple attack and our fast swing speed our damage would be insane

Mercy Stroke triggers an improved critical rate after you use it. I'm unsure how long it lasts, but if you're a quick TP builder and use that WS exclusively I'm wondering what you could jack your critical rate to when you factor in Merit points and a heavy DEX loadout.

Last edited:
Tho the majority vote seems to be that THF is weak, Archain has single-handedly proven to me that THF can indeed be sick as hell in the DD department. I would be very interested in seeing that, Archain <_<

Archain scores a critical hit! The *** takes 62 points of damage.
Archain hits the *** for 42 points of damage.
Archain scores a critical hit! The *** takes 71 points of damage.
Archain uses Sneak Attack.
Archain readies Trick Attack.
Archain uses True Strike!
The *** takes 1624 points of damage.

Weak? Nah <_<

Back