Relic Cutscenes Missing From The Unending Journey

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Today, after taking 3 years to finally finish an Anima relic, I had the distinct displeasure to learn that Relic weapon quests and cutscenes are somehow absent from The Unending Journey.

For content that takes such a significant amount of time to access, and is finite, this boggles my mind.

My own personal disbelief and broken heart over this aside, I'd really like to see this remedied in the future. There are so many cases where someone could put in all this effort and then get locked out of such cutscenes, and never be able to see it as a result.

Internet hiccup? Cutscene gone forever.
Real life emergency forcing you to skip? You'll never see it now.
Optimistic about being able to re-watch it in The Unending Journey? Well... what a terrible time to have trust broken.
Cat jump on your keyboard? Dog trip over your PC/console power plug? Tough luck.

I illustrate this to build a case in favor of letting players in this scenarios - as well as literally any other player who wants to relive brief moments of triumph in tremendous grind fests - access the cutscenes they earned via The Unending Journey.

I would like to see the completion of my own Anima relic journey.

Lacking the ability to go back in time to better safeguard my own misfortune, I'd at least like to foster the future possibility of this never happening to anyone else again.

Continue reading...

Back