RDM Bio II & III info

defiant

FC/Active Member
More of in-sight to total damage with dark skill with either spell and that i wanna /wrists because i feel i just wasted 30k exp in Bio III ._.

Info taken from here

Rhyis said:
Fun fact: Capped Bio III does the same amount of slip damage as Bio II, for almost double the mp cost and double the dark skill gear.

Assuming you've got between 211-268 dark skill, your Bio II slip damage is 6dmg/3s lasting for 120 seconds doing a total of 240 damage, costing you 36mp.

For Bio III, if you've got 225+ dark skill, your slip damage will be doing 8dmg/3s lasting 90 seconds doing a total of 240 damage, costing you 54mp.

RDM natural Dark Skill is what 200?

Here is some gear you can add but most likely most people won't have it all.

Merciful Cape: +5 Dark Skill
Dark Torque: +7 Dark SKill
Crimson Finger Gauntlets: +10 Dark SKill or HQ: +11 Dark SKill
Nashira Manteel: Dark Skill +5
Dark Earring: +3 Dark skill

So you only need to obtain +11 Skill to reach capped Bio III damage.

Or do i fail x_x

Do we have a place to discuss jobs etc? or do i fail at finding that also :O

Honestly I'd verify that in ballista before I got too worked up about it. Also, I'd assume that Bio III has a higher attack down % than Bio II, which is one of the primary reasons Bio is utilized other than to keep a mob claimed or just to DoT to counter regen.

Your right about needing to verify it.

I don't buy that BS, bio3 from mobs does like -14/tic or something insane. I'm a huge fan of bio3. Plus the fact is if you keep the spell up like you should, it's doing more damage OVERALL, regardless of per-cast.

-benny

INT also influences the damage per tic also.

There is a formula for it, i need to hunt that down again too.

Might be that every extra 25 INT you have adds 1 extra damage to dot or maybe that was for Elemental Debuffs (shock, burn etc).

Will come back when i find it.

I'm look at booking that Ballista to try this out.

Originally Posted by Rhyis
Fun fact: Capped Bio III does the same amount of slip damage as Bio II, for almost double the mp cost and double the dark skill gear.

Assuming you've got between 211-268 dark skill, your Bio II slip damage is 6dmg/3s lasting for 120 seconds doing a total of 240 damage, costing you 36mp.

For Bio III, if you've got 225+ dark skill, your slip damage will be doing 8dmg/3s lasting 90 seconds doing a total of 240 damage, costing you 54mp.

Fun Fact: Rhyis is a moron.

He's comparing apples with oranges.
bio 2: 120 seconds 6dmg/3sec is 240 dmg.
bio 3: 120 seconds 8dmg/3sec is 320 dmg.
So there you have it. More dmg and more attack down for more mana.

In ave, according to Rhyiss' numbers, bio 3 is an additional +2dmg/tick when utilizing the same equipment.

Back