Rangers and Nin's getting the shaft

This Utsusemi change is good for RNG's, bad for NINs.

The Ranged Attack change is bad for sucky RNG's, good for Skilled RNG's. As long as the damage is not super gimped, I won't complain. It will just seperate good RNGs from Bad RNGs.

Depending on how much enmity is lost, nins may survive the patch. However I think that rangers may have to hold back a little bit. My observation for this is that if the rangers takes hate from the tank, not only will it move, effecting the rangers acc and attack, but take time to readjust to the new melee sight and realignment if there are any jobs subbing thf for SATA, or simply TA to give the tank back hate. In addition to making the ranger readjust to the damage he/she deals, tp gain will be slower dependsing on whether or not the weapon allows melee'n range for dual wield. I understand that this isnt alot of tp gain, but any tp is still a resource. With this patch I think SE is trying to bring back paladins as the primary tank, and even the playing field for the rest of the DD out there, not point any fingers. Just some paranoid speculation from a scrubby DD that tried to be a tank, that is now being nerfed away:blah:. Please take everything I'm saying with a grain of salt, its only my personal speculation.

Last edited:
There's a lot of NIN gear out there that has +Enmity and goes largely ignored, primarily due to the fact that NINs don't feel like they need it to keep hate. If you want as much hate as before, just make a few gear changes.

Secondly, with most jobs you can get a pretty good idea of what they do just by their name.

"Dragoon" --- "Hmm,, bet it has something to do with dragons"
"Paladin" --- "Hmm, bet it protects other party members and is based on nobility"
"Warrior" --- "Hmm, bet it hits stuff"
"Monk" --- "Hmm, bet it fights with martial arts"
"Ninja" --- "Hmm, bet it stands directly in front of the mob in plain view and lets the mob hit the shit out of it" err...

I don't think the way NIN is currently being played is the way it was intended, NIN are supposed to be OUT of sight, I mean if a Ninja is very skilled, would you ever even see him? Ever? I personally think that they are trying to shift the focus of NIN away from being a tank, but still giving you the option if you go with all the new +Enmity gear they are releasing.

In terms of game design they haven't made any efforts at all toward establishing NIN in any capacity but tank... all the gear designed for NIN in a long long time has been supportive of the tanking role, there's no guns for NIN past 30, no reasonable throwing weapons to use for damage at any level, katana is a very low damage weapon, katana WS are weak in comparison to what a DD job uses..... if SE ever intended NIN to be a DD they changed their tune pretty quickly.

Maybe they were hoping for a mage/melee mix with good enfeebles (which NIN does have) buuuuut the reality is that no one would take the weak damage of a NIN over an RDM's ability to main heal and refresh in addition to enfeebling almost as well.

-benny

this all comes back to the fact SE gave all the cool stealth kill moves to thf <_>

Xerlaoth said:
this all comes back to the fact SE gave all the cool stealth kill moves to thf <_>

Hmmmm..

landohan.jpg

Back