Ranged Dps Jobs - Disappointing?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hey all, recently came from WOW and played many other MMOs. Love FF14! However, 2 weeks into the game and I realised that all ranged DPS jobs kinda suck and are at the bottom of almost all DPS lists. Which is very sad since I love ranged DPS classes...

I am leveling a bard right now, been thinking to switch to a machinist as it seems like it could be easier to play. As I'm not sure I dig songs + dots management, esp in AOE situations I get quite stressed already. Would machinist be more fun with almost as good DPS as meta jobs if executed properly? I have a very low ping.

I've read a lot on the forum already, watched a lot of Youtube videos. And seen that all content can be cleared with all the classes... Which is great, but it really bothers me to see that tanks sometimes deal more DPS than I do in the instanced content... Especially on the single target. And no matter how hard I do my rotations (get quite stressed trying really hard) and barely beat a tank, sometimes below. No way I can compete with summoners or samurai. Sad. Will bard dps increase as I continue to level or should I drop and switch to machinist?

I know I could reach end content with either of the classes and I can get into parties anyway but being a bottom of the barrel every time is not cool and makes me not like the game so much. Sad, as otherwise I really love the game. I'm feeling like I'm being pushed onto the melee side if I want to deal good physical DPS. Spellcasters never interest me. So here we are...

Ultimately, I'm thinking if it's worth continuing with the bard or level machinist or force a melee class on myself. I don't want to find another mmo, not yet anyway lol.

What are your thoughts?

Continue reading...

Back