Ranged Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alathar

The parser currently doesn't support ranged accuracy. Being a RNG, I don't often melee on HNMs unless necessary. I have no idea what my accuracy is (making optimizing gear more difficult). Do you have any plans to include a ranged accuracy column to accompany the ranged damage one or perhaps an option where you can choose to display either/both melee and ranged acc?

There's a ranged accuracy column already.

racc1.jpg

racc2.jpg

Wow ... I didn't even see that entire button. Should probably just delete this whole thread since I'm retarded.

A lot of people miss it for some reason. I need to figure out how to make it more obvious lol.

I have a related question.

In FFXIParser, my ranged accuracy while pulling is always skewed. If I pull and miss, the only message that shows up is "<me>'s ranged attack misses." This miss is not applied to any enemy, as the next "battle" has not yet started (there is no enemy yet). Long ago, I spoke to Spyle about this, and he was unable to get around it. The end result is that ranged accuracy is skewed artificially high; if the first action against a new mob is a ranged attack, you get credit for a successful hit if it lands, but it's dumped into the void if you miss.

Does DvsParse suffer from the same problem?

I would assume so since it doesn't know what you're missing?

"Select Fields Here" hehe.

Well, more to the point:

If that's the case, could DvsParse be made to apply all ranged misses to the next mob that the player in question fights?

It seems like the possible scenarios where such an approach would skew the results are small and relatively insignificant.

I'm curious... does missing one shot every battle affect your accuracy that much? Assuming 40 shots fired with 90% acc, thats 36 hits. 1 extra missed shot will reduce that acc to 87%. Is it that critical?

Well you just need more shots ;-) Counter% is a good example of where this can be really noticeable, especially if you aren't getting hit often.

I'm curious... does missing one shot every battle affect your accuracy that much? Assuming 40 shots fired with 90% acc, thats 36 hits. 1 extra missed shot will reduce that acc to 87%. Is it that critical?
Well...

a) Even as RNG, I don't fire anywhere remotely close to 40 shots per battle... in my last 3 meripo parties, I fired 2.95, 2.62, and 2.96 shots per fight. Supposing we want to throw out meripo (where I don't really pull anyway), I pulled two random logs from parties at LV64 and LV68 (pre-nerf)... I fired 8.72 and 8.68 ranged attacks per fight. So obviously, -1 miss makes a major difference.

b) For a job like THF, I may as well completely ignore the ranged accuracy column, as it is completely useless data to me (with the aforementioned parsing error). If my first action is an acid bolt, and it lands, I won't be firing another. If it misses, I might fire one more, or I might not. In order for me to accurately record a miss, I have to miss at least two ranged attacks in a row. 50% real accuracy instantly becomes 75% on the parser... and that's assuming I'm actually trying to stick acid effect and I fire more than once. If I make my first and only shot my initial offensive action, I would always have 100% accuracy.

Last edited:
Well...

a) Even as RNG, I don't fire anywhere remotely close to 40 shots per battle... in my last 3 meripo parties, I fired 2.95, 2.62, and 2.96 shots per fight. Supposing we want to throw out meripo (where I don't really pull anyway), I pulled two random logs from parties at LV64 and LV68 (pre-nerf)... I fired 8.72 and 8.68 ranged attacks per fight. So obviously, -1 miss makes a major difference.
Ok... 1 shot missed does make a big difference. When I leveled ranger to 40, I recall blowing thru so many arrows and bolts.

Where is sidewinder accuracy covered in the parser? I have all of the skill/ability fields displayed, however, it stays as "N/A". I assume this is a bug?

Something I never got around to implement. I should have taken out the checkbox for skill accuracy, but I never got around to that either :( Sorry, been half lazy and half busy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back