Question Regarding Patch 5.3 Sleeve Draw

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hi everyone,

I've just returned to FFXIV after a long hiatus and I decided to take up the relatively-new Astrologian class. I have no idea what it was like or how it used to be before patch 5.3 and I just levelled to 70 today (yay! :D)

Introducing: Sleeve Draw. This ability sounded really simple by definition, but after looking at a couple of Astrologian guides and gameplays I noticed that what I was seeing was not aligning with what was being described in-game. I assume that's because they were all made before patch 5.3 (but that's only a month old!)

I am extremely confused. What is the difference between Sleeve Draw and Draw, aside from the fact that Sleeve Draw's cooldown is SIX TIMES longer than Draw's?

Do you use Sleeve Draw to guarantee a seal you don't already have? Like how Draw is completely random, and if you don't get the seal you need you either Minor Arcana it or Redraw it? Is that why Sleeve Draw's cooldown is so slow?

I see a lot of talk and frustration with all of the changes being made to Astrologian and I don't understand any of it... but I want to. :(

Continue reading...

Back