Purpose of "Ultima" Related to FFXIV: ARR

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
All,

Just to simply things a little, as FFXIV ARR draws closer to its commercial re-launch, we all are excited. People like myself who never could get 'into' FFXIV 1.0 --- it will be a whole new world, game & experience to meet new people and reunite with past friends, lovers & arch enemies.

The "Ultima" brand will be carried forward into FFXIV but I do not really have a road map of what will happen. I'm not familiar enough with the game to know exactly what kind of numbers or strength will be required for some events. Nobody really knows, there is still a lot of development to be done and the new story lines are really unknown. We got a good taste in beta as to the game's format and combat system, but there is still a lot to discover.

That all said, most of the original members of Ultima in the heydays of FFXI are older and have other priorities. Therefore, Ultima won't likely be a hardcore shell but more of a organized casual group that will move forward through the game for the experience and comradery. The competition style that existed in FFXI does not exist in FFXIV. The game is definitely more casual, transportation is simple, quests make sense and don't take forever to complete and the instanced areas also exist for various events/battles.

Our very first goal is to cast a wide net and retrieve some of the former members and bring them back into the fray. After which, we will then collect new members as we did in the past.

I'll post more details in the member's section so as not to clutter the public areas. (the site is still undergoing various changes and the final appearance has not yet arrived.)

Thanks!

Sounds good Aang...nice to see the crew, that is Ultima, is making a come back, older and wiser lol.

Back