Ps4 Controller Not Working Via Bluetooth

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I can't figure out why my DS4 isnt working via bluetooth on my PC. Im using a bluetooth dongle and everything connects fine. My fiance uses an Xbox controller and the game responds to that, and i even got a nintendo switch pro controller to work. But for some reason the DS4 wont work unless it's plugged in via cable. Outside of the game I can see my comp responding to the inputs, but inside the game, nada. I set the device as Wireless Controller which is what my DS4 is under and everything I did with the Xbox controller.

Ive been trying to find an answer for this online, but everything is from years ago or the person fixed it and had no clue how or doesn't clarify. There was one post here this year by a user named 16bit, but the thread closed before any answers were given.

Given that 16bit's situation is almost identical to mine, I'll answers the questions that were asked on their post.

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

To clarify the issue, you are unable to use the PS4 controller while using Bluetooth, correct? However, it will work if you connect via USB?

YES

When connecting via Bluetooth, do you use a Bluetooth adapter, or is it integrated into your PC/laptop?

ADAPTER, THERE IS NO BLUETOOTH INTEGRATED INTO THIS COMPUTER

Do you use any other programs to connect the PS4 controller to the PC? Do you play the game through Steam or use any of the controller options through Steam?

I DO NOT. I DO NOT USE STEAM

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!

Continue reading...

Back