PC Shutdown Issue

On a whim I downloaded MSI afterburner and set up a very aggressive fan profile. No crashes yet so they must've been caused by excessive GPU heat. Still strange that it'll only crash once..

Thanks for the update. Certainly doesn't make sense, but if it works, it works. Let us know how it goes in the long run. I'm certainly curious to know...

nvm must have been a fluke.. kicked on the PC yesterday with afterburner and crashed. Back to the drawing board.

nvm must have been a fluke.. kicked on the PC yesterday with afterburner and crashed. Back to the drawing board.

Be careful, MSI Afterburner 3 Beta 14 trashed my system and I was just running monitoring software. Just yesterday I had to uninstall Afterburner, uninstall the nvidia drivers, run a third party driver cleaner, uninstall my OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2, REMOVE MY CARDS. INSTALL THEM ONE AT A TIME. REINSTALL THE DRIVERS. REINSTALL THE RevoDrive, THEN I could run games in SLI without crashing or the game running in 16-bit UNDITHERED mode. I ran a burn-in with 3DMark overnight and it worked flawlessly, but damn.

Back