Pardon the emo-pixie

pixiehawk

On one wild ride
FC/Active Member
I know I've been very hit or miss - more than normal lately. I've probably been quieter than normal too (yeah, I know, not possible). I've got reason tho- sorry for the forthcoming ramble. Sorry for any of you who already read my LJ... you don't really have to read it all twice.

I've had a very rough week.

Monday I found out that my job has been eliminated. Today was my last day. They are offering a severance package, and I'm signing up for unemployment next week so we should be okay. At least for a few months. I have also received several job leads and offers for referral letters too, which give me some hope for a job soonish.

One of the referral offers I received was from a customer I have helped for the last 5 years on a monthly basis. She was practically in tears on the phone when I called to let her know Pat would be taking care of her from now on.

I've been very emotional week for me. I've worked there (first through a temp agency, then full time) for 14 and 1/2 years. I was technically the Sales Team Branch admin (keying their first sales, making sure their customers were set up correctly and doing their payroll. Plus putting together any kinds of reports the boss wanted on the drop of a hat :eek: ) but I also did many, many other things for the overworked Water Admin... who was also let go. She and I were the support for the water route drivers, her first, the they would come to me since my desk was right next to her. They are not going to have either of us for support- I am actually worried about how they are going to get all the things they need accomplished without us.

So I spent all week trying to remember everything not Sales related so I could make sure they were handled, and train whomever was needed on how to handle it. At the same time I had to put all my records for the sales team together for the man who is taking over for me. He has a team as large as the one I handled. My team took 3/4 of my day (the rest was taken by what I did to help Sherry with the water routes). I'm sure his team takes him as much time. So I don't see how he can get it all done without overtime, which we haven't been allowed for 6 months.

The other thing I'm worried about is how well my team will be taken care of. I've been the person responsible for their pay for the last 2 1/2 years (I've done just about everything for this company, the sales is just the last I've done) and I'm worried that with so much dumped on Michael that there will be issues with their pay. As much as salesmen bug me, I like all these men, and their families. I know Michael knows how to do the work, he's done the payroll program as long as I have (it's only about 18 - 20 months old) but I still worry. I had to be in an hour early to get my payroll done on time Monday mornings - so he'll have to be in at least 4 hours early to do the same with a double sized team. Besides the payroll issues there's also just the fact that there isn't anyone left in the office that can really help them look up accounts they have questions or concerns or complaints about. I would get dozens of calls a day from them on a bad day- they would also circle my desk like sharks in the morning when they came into the office to turn in their paperwork. That they do not have the support anymore is going to make it very hard to do their jobs.

I understand why it happened... 5 gallon bottled water and cooler rental is for 95% of the customers a luxury, not a necessity. But it still hurts. Today was the roughest day of the whole week (besides the last 15 mins of Monday). I spent the whole day working my ass off to make sure everything was covered to the best of my ability. And during all that, I was trying to keep from crying when I got flowers from my husband because he knew it would be a rough day, and to also keep from crying when everyone came by my desk and gave me hugs, job leads and so on. I almost broke down completely when Pat came to give me a hug as she left- we've been working together for over 12 years. I know her almost as well as my family.

I'll probably have more to say on this later, but I've babbled at you all long enough.

I'm so sorry, Pixie. :( If there's anything I can do, you def. know where to find me, and I'm here for whatever, however little it may be; even if it's just to yell obscenities at someone, or whatever. Take whatever time you need to sort out things, and I have 100% complete confidence things will work out in the end. <333

I knew things were rough when Dave the Beard was in a bad mood. I'm sure things will work out well, cause I'm a firm believer in good things happening to good people. If you need any help, let us know cause I'm sure people will do what they can. ^^ In the meantime, hang in there, and I'll tell the same to 'ticket.

:( I'm so sorry to hear that Pixie. Hang in there, I'm confident it will work out for you in the end.

Horrible feeling to be let go, no matter what the reason. /hugs
Perhaps there's something better in the works for you guys now, you just don't know it yet. ^.~

Thanks everyone :x

Even though my head knows it wasn't my fault and that I did nothing wrong (as everyone at work pointed out) the rest of me still feels like there must have been something. I'm doing my best to keep my chin up and everything, I just wanted to make sure you all knew why the pixie was all emo. And why I'll probably be online during the week without a vacation or holiday...

I'm also make sure you'll all hear much sooner when something good comes my way.

: )

Back