Paladin Valor Armor Cosplay

RSS News

Syndicated News Service

Ever since FFXI i wanted to have the Paladin Valor Armour made from XI. but when i started playing XIV 1.0 i fell in love with the XIV Valor Armour and wanted to have it made but never had a reason to have it made. Well i got a reason to and I commissioned someone to make it for me.

Main outfit on mannequin, Final test fitting required

There have been some tweaks made to the outfit because converting a game outfit to real life has it difficulties and also i wanted to be able to move normally and also be able to do Photography while wearing it and added a cloak because i think it would look nice with it in a ceremonial setting and wanted to incorporate the Legacy Tattoo in some way.

List of the Tweaks:-

• Added a cloak with Legacy Tattoo which can be removed
  • On the Index figures on the gauntlets, the tips where decided to be removed for functionality, the base gloves being used are Vallaret Photography Gloves that allows the finger tips on the thumb and index fingers to be pulled back to allow me to be able to use my camera without issue
  • The Knee guards are permanently attached to the upper leg parts to allow me to kneel without causing damage to the armour
  • Chain mail was decided not to be made die to the little that parts that will be seen and will restrict movement and also reduce weight and heat
  • the neck piece may look chain mail but it is actually thread mail instead, this reduces the weight and its easier to put on and take off
  • The blade of the sword was narrowed as to not be too wide and look more like a cricket bat than a sword, and it also reduces weight.
  • The Shield, there is no photos of the shield as its a work in progress, it will be the Holy Shield Atma, however the base colour will be 2 tone instead of being white
  • various small tweaks adapting the in game model to real life cosplay

While i wanted it to be as accurate as possible these tweaks where based on allowing the outfit the be practical and fictional while looking as true to the design as possible and also to add a little personal touch and allow me to do photography at events that i will be wearing this too

Please don't pick on proportions of the armour. I had a lengthy discussion by the person making this for me about it. I have personally stripped down the game models to measure proportions of the in game character model and they nowhere match the proportions to the human body and we discussed at length various tweaks to over come adapting the design from the game to real life and based it on realistic armour types from history as to get the proportions looking as correct as possible.

At this point the Armour is done with the shield still needing to be made and painted. It also requires a final test fitting and also be shown how to put it on and take off. I was holding off posting until after the 1st event i planned to wear it to but it has been pushed back to next year. hope you enjoy

At the End of the Calamity War those in the battlefields where sent though time, except for 1 Paladin and found himself on earth.

Disclaimer: I am not the person making this, i am having it made for me as i do not have the time or skill to do this myself

Additional Cloak, my own addition with the FFXIV Legacy Tattoo Embroidered, the cloak is removable

All the parts that has been made for the armour, except the scale mail

submitted by /u/CAPGames
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back