Newest Raids & 1mbps

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
So... I've noticed with the newest raids (Eden and Copied Factory) that my lag is very intense and very unforgiving, Copied Factory being the worst.

Background: this may sound crazy, but my town doesn't have highspeed internet - technically. But the ISP tries to make do and give us what they can which is between 1 & 3 mbps. Where I'm at, we get 1-2mbps, with 1.0-1.3mbps being the usual. Lived here for ten years, never had too much of an issue playing FFXIV. Some days, there are bad lag spikes because of crappy net on my part, but for the most part I could play pretty much all the normal content from ARR to SB, raids included and still can.

But for Eden, I could barely get through any of them; the teams I was with basically carried my dead booty through. And for Copied Factory, I literally cannot even get passed the first boss. As soon as it starts spitting out those orbs, it's basically game over for me. Doesn't matter how many times I get resurrected (bless you, healers), it just stops. It gets stuck in a frame and that's all I see. I can't even watch the fight because the frame gets stuck. I've tried twice and it was the same thing both times. I ended up leaving party in the middle of the fight because I figured I was just going to be unnecessary dead weight. To be honest, I'm a little concerned that the raids are going to continue to be designed in such a way that they're not lag-friendly...

I heard that the first fight of copied factory was the most unforgiving and that I might be able to get through the other fights OK. Do you think I should try again and forewarn my group I'm probably going to be a dead lump, or should I really not bother 1mbps? (P.S. I'm in a new data server and only have one friend here, so I can't ask "my buddies" to group up with me. Thought about PF but I would rather DF.)

Continue reading...

Back