New NM/Armor Drop info Confirmed!

Magos

Shantotto Fanboy
http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14725

I originally posted this in the Zhayolm Remnants thread, and then was going to post it in the other 3 remnants threads, but decided that would make it look like I was merely trying to boost my post count.

Anyway, there are 4 "out-of-place" NMs in the .dats in Salvage areas. They generally do not fit in that area's respective theme. Here are the themes and out-of-place NMs for each area:

~Zhayolm Remnants~
Theme: Mamool Ja Savages (Mamool Ja, Poroggos, raptors, bugards, ziz, wyverns, lizards, etc.)
Rampart Theme: Beasts and Amorphs
Socket NM: Another Poroggo Madame?
Out-of-place NM: Jakko (Imp); Correlates with Silver Sea; Drops:

~Arrapago Remnants~
Theme: Undead Swarm (Lamiae/Merrows, qutrub, draugar, ghosts, bhoot, soulflayers, Qiqirn?, etc.)
Rampart Theme: Plantoids and Aquans
Socket NM: Vile Wazihl?
Out-of-place NM: Princess Pudding (Flan); Correlates with Bhaflau; Drops:

~Bhaflau Remnants~
Theme: Troll Mercenaries (Trolls, flan, bombs, eruca, wamouracampa, wamoura, scorpions, etc.)
Rampart Theme: Vermin and Birds
Socket NM: Flux Flan
Out-of-place NM: Demented Jalaawa (Soulflayer); Correlates with Arrapago; Drops: Anu's Doublet,

~Silver Sea Remnants~
Theme: The Ashu Talif (Ephramadian Fomors & imps)
Rampart Theme: Lizards and Undead
Socket NM: Deadpan Devilet?
Out-of-place NM: Don Poroggo (Poroggo); Correlates with Zhayolm; Drops: Enyo's breastplate, Nemain's Robe

How to obtain the remnants cards: These luminian-plated cards are reported to be found on ramparts, gears, and presumably chariots.

In other words, there are NMs which seem like they should be in other remnants areas, so maybe if you trade one of those cards to another area, you'll get the out-of-place NM. For example, trade a Bhaflau card to a slot or something in the Arrapago Remnants to spawn the Princess Pudding.

Anyone can reply with feedback/other theories/corrections/whatever.

Note to Mods: Merge this or something if you feel it inappropriate for its own thread.

EDIT: Theory works!! But unfortunately, Jalaawa is a squidman and not a squishy qutrub. ; ;

EDIT2: Added Socket NMs. Interesting to note that it seems as if all of the Socket NMs are the same families as Slot NMs. Later I'll compile a list of monsters (both normal, notorious, archaic, and rampart monsters). It'll be more of a compilation rather than a guide of any kind.
~Ramparts' Summoned Monsters~

~Zhayolm Remnants~
Wajaom Tiger (Tiger)
Rogu Marid (Marid)
Slime Mold (Slime)
Mindgazer (Hecteyes)
Torama (Coeurl)
Greater Manticore (Manticore)

~Arrapago Remnants~
Sabotender Maestro (NM?) (Cactuar)
Nipper (Crab)
Migrant Russula (Funguar)
Demonic Rose (NM?) (Malboro)
Devil Manta (Kraken)
Demonic Pugil (Pugil)
Orobon (NM?) (Orobon)
Mourioche (Mandragora)
Goobbue Wanderer (Goobbue)
Seasonal Treant (Treant)
Staggering Sapling (Sapling)
Korrigan (Korrigan)

~Bhaflau Remnants~
Chigoes (Chigoe)
Gate Widow (NM) (Spider)
Colibri (Colibri)
Zebra Zachery (NM) (Ziz)
Hunting Wasp (Wasp)
Skirmish Pephredo (NM) (Bee)
Tragopan (Raven)
Peryton (NM) (Roc)

~Silver Sea Remnants~
Haunt (Ghost)
Garm (Hell Hound)
Guard Skeleton (WAR Skeleton)
Doom Mage (BLM Skeleton)
Night Eft (Eft)
Sand Lizard (Lizard)
Deinonychus (Raptor)
Citadel Chelonian (NM?) (Adamantoise)

~Links~
Salvage (FFXIclopedia), Zhayolm Remnants (FFXIclopedia), Zhayolm Remnants (BG) (the last post on the third page has the list of monsters and whatever), Arrapago Remnants (FFXIclopedia), Arrapago Remnants (BG), Bhaflau Remnants (FFXIclopedia), Bhaflau Remnants (BG), Silver Sea Remnants (FFXIclopedia), Silver Sea Remnants (BG)

=================================

With this new information coming to light, (also see the NM section in the Bhaflau Info thread) I believe it would be best if we started splitting up runs. For example, on Tuesdays after Limbus since we have less people, we could focus on NM farming since it's pretty much been confirmed that certan NMs drop certain pieces 100% of the time. On Friday's after Limbus, we can focus on MegaBosses since we will have more people. I'm pretty much convinced that there is no way to do everything that a zone has to offer in only the time alotted like Limbus. The time constraint forces people to come back depending on what they are going after (seaky SE forcing us to use AP >_>) and what they hope to accomplish. Fee free to post your thoughts. :)

Back