Nakama's Status

Frette

Greetings all! I see so many old faces on here its been a long time. The shocker to me is I never singed up on this site before today... and I played ffxi for 8 years...

First off, you might not know the name Frette for a good reason I was Netgear 75 RDM for many years in ffxi. I have played with quite a few of you and have had a good relationship with most if not all of you.

As ARR is just around the corner and lots of people are wondering what might be going on. I wanted to touch base with all of you. I have read some of the questions on the forms. I have talked to my LS, Fodder, and some others about this and I think we have come up with a solid thought. ARR if you have not played the beta is not largely about camping or competition but about working together as a group. Most of us are adults now and have put most of the stuff in the past behind us. We feel that this would be a great opportunity to work together.

We have setup a website along with forums. Fodder has accepted to be one of the leaders in the LS along with Aangeliceus being AWESOME and helping out fixing our forums. I know that some people have posted they will be coming to The Nakama and I want all of you to feel welcome. I have always enjoyed player with the Ultima people in the past and I hope to continue doing so.

We have a Forums, Ventrilo server, use tapatalk etc and as I said before Aangeliceus has helped us out more then I then I can thank him. (Yes I know Aangeliceus I am still trying to get a hold of Jubie to fix the 2 things you need :D )

So at this time I would like to invite all of you to join us. I don't feel right posting the link to our forums on yours but if you would like to do so I will let Aangeliceus post it along with any other contact information you would like.

Thank you and please feel free to join us,

- Frette Gear
- aka Netgear

I've split this post off on to it's own thread.

Ultima will exist in FFXIV in one form or another, although I'm not sure what that will be just yet. We will also have our own identity, Ventrilo etc.

I didn't mind helping Nakama with their site, but I'm remaining focused on this group that I've been a part of for many years. :)

Cheers.

Hey Aangeliceus, thanks for splitting the post up. I was not sure if I should make a new one or not. I understand you staying focused on this group. As long as I am around you and anyone else will always be welcome in The Nakama. You are able to have more then 1 LS so you are more then welcome to one at any time you wish. The only thing that you can have 1 of is the Free Company. I am not really sure how it fully works yet but I am sure we will find out soon enough. I look forward to playing with you and seeing everyone in game. :D

- Frette

So should we expect to be in both a Nakama and Ultima linkshell, and in a single Free Company that will be an amalgamation of both linkshell members?

That's a good question furax i think that would be up to both parties involved. With 2.0 around the corner im always open to new ideas

I suppose I'll take a pearl (are pearls still a thing?) to both, if that's what the majority of Ultima people are doing.

I suppose I'll take a pearl (are pearls still a thing?) to both, if that's what the majority of Ultima people are doing.

I wouldn't say that a majority are doing it, but people wound up with Nakama because Ultima kind of died. I'm trying to get people back together and get things going again, even if slowly. There are linkshells for communication but they are more dynamic in FFXIV vs. what they were in FFXI.

I would have to agree with Aangeliceus, everyone is not joining or as far as I know. I just wanted to extend an offer but I would defiantly not say everyone is joining us. Keep in mind that there are always friends lists and so on. Like Fodder said in another post. He would enjoy having an Ultima Linkshell if allowed to. He has a lot of friends between both shells and I don't think the goal by either LS is to cut communication off between the two groups. Heck I trust Aangeliceus 100% with all the help he has given us. Please keep in mind I don't know the structure of the LS / FC but work with your leaders to understand what it might mean to them to be in both shells.

If you have been following ARR FC or Free Company is where it seems most of the stuff is going to take place and that's where our LS more of a structure around.

- Frette

I'll probably be joining both if permitted, especially since I have a history with both groups... And i think it would be awesome if we could join as one FC, but nobody really knows 100% how it works, so who knows what the future holds.

I'll probably be joining both if permitted, especially since I have a history with both groups... And i think it would be awesome if we could join as one FC, but nobody really knows 100% how it works, so who knows what the future holds.

From what I know so far, there are still some unknowns. Ultima will advance forward, I just don't know all the details yet. Once the game gets going, more decisions will be made.

So from what I could tell most everyone in Ultima joined the Nakama Free Company. Is this a permanent choice? Also, are the Nakama on a different server than us? Unfortunately I never saw you online Aang so I wan'st able to ask in game.

So from what I could tell most everyone in Ultima joined the Nakama Free Company. Is this a permanent choice? Also, are the Nakama on a different server than us? Unfortunately I never saw you online Aang so I wan'st able to ask in game.

I couldn't get back on... I tried for hours until the servers went down for good.

People joined Nakama's FC, which is fine for now. We can't get anything established until after the game launch. After the launch, we'll reassess and see how many people we have to work with.

It just will take sometime - only a handful of people have characters that are leveled. I started from scratch again myself.

I never got far in 1.0. I was able to get Syx up to level 20 in pugilist and marauder. Marauder is fun as HELL to tank with. I did a bunch of dungeon runs and got some good experience speed running and managing TP. Nakama are on Hyperion with us, Shinare. Can't wait for next weekend!

I currently have a lvl 34 Archer,..that's about it.. other jobs are LV18 and down.Will probably focus on crafting a bit to catch up to my Archer... Botany and Woodworking are my highest Disciples of the Land jobs.. they are closer to LV20.

I have a 50 Drg and a 30 Con. Some other scattered classes.. I can start up a free company for us Saturday if people want for early access. It appears you can change ownership around quite easy. Let me know

Hey all, I just wanted to stop in and say sorry. All the Leaders for stuck with the 3102 error where we were stuck in Limbo. Fodder was in game but for some reason could not see Free Company / LS. So we all got stuck not being able to do anything on the last dayish. Yeah it was a blast.. lol... Hope you all enjoyed 1.0 it was AWESOME IMO!!!!!!!

- Frette

I have a 50 Drg and a 30 Con. Some other scattered classes.. I can start up a free company for us Saturday if people want for early access. It appears you can change ownership around quite easy. Let me know

Jotaru- thanks.

After launch we'll get things situated and likely call upon your services. For now, we just wait. I'll post more in the planning thread this week, I have to go back to work tomorrow.

While it doesn't make a huge difference to me personally, do keep in mind when deciding how we'll handle a FC that there is likely to be 24 man raids in the future.

Last edited:
Back