MmmmRawrz

Lexa

Just call me Veronica Mars
IMG_1684.jpg

Once I stopped frying wires into little itty bits of dust, it ended up pretty decent IMO. :)

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 9600GT
ASUS Rampage motherboard
Some random soundcard from Creative
1TB HDD

IMG_1658.jpg

I'm currently trying to reinstall the game. WotG is giving me some problems (I'm on EU version and torrented it last fall when everyone and they mother was seeding it, but now find I have certain problems finding a torrent again), but I'll be back online asap. :D

Look here Lexa.

And replace that pos stock cooler with an Arctic Cooler 7 Pro (~$30) and OC that up to 3.5 GHz or something.

I'm not fiddling anymore with this thing for a good, long while! No moar fried wires!!!

...plus, between the fried wires and everything else I did wrong since this was my first time building a PC, it ended up costing me a bit more than I expected, so I has no more monies to play with for a little bit. XD

It will be fine how it is for now, but when you get a little ahead again take it into the shop that fixed it and have them put some better cooling in it.

For ze futur! :D

Ya, it's got 2 mins left now! :D I'll be back on tonight sometime, after the fun 9 hours of downloading updates I have ahead of me! :D (My discs are from 2005, so they're lacking a few updates...)

It's NA onry, and I'm scared of messing with the registry. ^^;

in that case have fun downloading 543755375453 files. I always take a backup of FF when I reformat so I can install then plop it all in. Then it just checks files and goes.

only took an hour to update mine after installing from the 2008 disk. That was nice.

...WTF... I set it to update then went to lunch. It took like an hour. What the shit? >.>

EDIT: My carpet is messy because the landlord has been trampling in and out of the house for the better part of two weeks, now, painting every room and doing tons of work outside, so I've had to move all my shit int and out of the hallway like five times. :(

before you get going on FFXI make sure to get new drivers for your nvidia card. nvidia + vista + ffxi = slow choppy death without new drivers. there was at one time a stuck thread on BG about it :eek:

Was the first thing I updated. :p I've now updated FFXI, the graphics card drivers, tweaked the registry to make things pretty, and was in the process of downloading Emiko's DAT swaps, but I have to run to my stupid Golf class. I hate that whole 1-credit requirement at college. It's stupid. And my teacher is stupid. And the class is stupid.

Back