meh.

onorok

O N O
I work from 11AM eastern to 8PM eastern, Monday through Friday. I sneak out of work early occasionally to make it home to get on for events, but a lot of stuff tends to get cancelled.

Or stuff happens earlier in the day and I'm at work, or I get on, people say event is off for the night and I sign off since I do not feel like waiting around for a merit party and my BLU's static can't exp because half are in another LS and they have their own events and they also tend to log out by 11PM eastern. A few times I have made it a point to be geared up, logged out in a convenient spot for a planned event so I'm not super late, and then told not enough on or not enough interest... and then the next day I'll check the forum and it looks like it happened anyways. My IM is R4NS0M (that's a zero), someone IM me if something happens next time.

And now I have class from Sept. 5th to Dec. 12th every Tuesday night from 6PM to 10:30PM, so that means no Limbus on Tuesdays for me... and that is often the only thing I seem to make regularly and is not cancelled.

Plus I get the sense that because I'm new some people put no credit in suggestions I make; guess what, I might not have had experience with land gods, but more experience with sky and sea than some may realize. Plus I know my job classes and gear, and willing to take risks. Sure, some situations it might be a bad idea to try something risky since it is not a "safe" environment to experiment, but someone somewhere came up with strategies that filtered down. Mobs respawn. Merit parties still happen.

:blah:

Im not sure you don't get any credit in suggestions, but it's hard to break a habbit of doing things a certain way. I guess it's just like telling a smoker that it's bad for them, and they understand that but they still don't quit because they are too used to smoking.

I tried to get people to use WAR/WHM on Tiamat once, and everyone laughed at my suggestion and called me a noob. No worries, I know it owns, because another LS on another server does 45 minute Tiamats with it.

I tried to get people to use WAR/WHM on Tiamat once, and everyone laughed at my suggestion and called me a noob. No worries, I know it owns, because another LS on another server does 45 minute Tiamats with it.

It's IRON and they have a BRD with relic horn in their tank party.

Yea I know they do, but what's 2MP/tic between friends? :D Anyway point is just people can be stubborn sometimes, they get set in their ways. I've been trying for a long time to get us to try new strategies on old mobs :(

I wouldn't let it all get you down Onorok.

I've been playing a lot less since I started working again & it really axes into my time & makes it feel like I am also choosing between events, or my own time, or any number of things.

Best you can do is play when you feel like it, attend what you feel you can while remaining sane & go from there.

A lot of times recently I've just been offline because I had varying RL events which cut into playtime enough that logging on seemed a waste since I wouldn't have time to accomplish anything. I don't think anyone begrudges other members their time offline, it is what it is.

As far as suggestions go it's true many fights we do we have our tried & true method so to speak, if it ain't broke don't fix it so to speak. It's less headache to be sure we can win a fight than it often is to discuss however there are many fights we could use a lot of improvement on, I found that 8-minute kirin fight pretty interesting, and it's something I think we could work on.

Other fights where I think we should encourage more discussion are Proto-Ultima which we often have some issues with, pretty much any mob in Sea, Cop Wyrms, Bahamut, etc. There's really a lot of areas we can improve upon but one thing to consider in discussing strats is that when an event is being organized it's often hard to worry about discussing a new way to do the fight on the spot, when there are going to be different opinions. Not saying that any, or all, of these different opinions are wrong, only that if Nidhogg is just claimed and parties are set up it may not be the easiest time to discuss trying to let the War/Nin tank him. Hopefully that makes some sense.

As far as cancelled events goes, these really don't happen too terribly often. We've had a few more than usual lately due to a variety of issues, such as other LS already fighting Kirin/long lines at a pop NM, all sky pop NMs down, not enough members online, etc. It's summer now, and we always hit a low point in attendance during the summer as people are off drinking Corona on the beach or w/e. It picks back up in the fall. A particular pain point for us has been Ouryu Cometh/Bahamut#2. We've employed a particular setup we've found that works for us and at the same time limits us to doing it when we have the right jobs available. Sure, we could experiment, but it's a big risk not many want to take as they are timed and the pop items are a pain in the ass to get due to their rarity.

I figure stel meant "welcome to Ultima, where our less-than-spartan attitude toward NMs sometimes results in cancelled events or missed 3 king camps". Actually I'd say close to 100% of new Ultima members are surprised by our lack of actual NM motivation (lol). Longtime members are probably more used to it though but I think it can be hard to adjust your expectations at first.

I figure stel meant "welcome to Ultima, where our less-than-spartan attitude toward NMs sometimes results in cancelled events or missed 3 king camps". Actually I'd say close to 100% of new Ultima members are surprised by our lack of actual NM motivation (lol). Longtime members are probably more used to it though but I think it can be hard to adjust your expectations at first.

Thanks ben, that's exactly what I was getting at.

Back