March 7 FF11 Update Details

So are alkys and such Rare/ex now? Part of me is happy about these changes, but part of me is sad that I wasted so much time building my character, camping, working, saving to obtain what I have which can now be obtained through what sounds to be less work and less headache.

The giga bracelets are not rare/ex, they are just pop NMs now. This morning there were seven Pallas Bracelets on the AH, so the price is going to drop quite a bit IMO.

Another update for Pallas

PlayOnline said:
At the following time, we have performed a version update of FINAL FANTASY XI.

[Affected Period]
Mar. 9, 2007 0:00 (PST)

[Affected Services]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]
-We addressed an issue, where the notorious monster "Pallas" would spawn unclaimed.

I mean don't get me wrong, I am glad this update was a huge Null to the RMT, but at the same time, makes the acquiring of certain items that much easier for those that don't want to put in the time or effort. I can only imagine how a thief who spent over 60 hours of pain camping, claiming, not getting drop on a thief knife, to see someone go pop it once and get a drop. It is a bitter sweet update to me, overall it is good and helps the economy, but also has a little bitter taste to the effort and time I had put into certain items.

Uhh.... Well, see, you should try getting one of these pop items.

The ratio/drop rate of the items you need to pop these things isn't really a large ratio. People are camping the mobs that drop these items like mad. It's almost like camping the NM itself because you are having to fight to get claim. I spent a number of hours in the Den of Rancor so far, only claiming 1 Tonberry out of say, 5 or 6. Of course, no drop yet.

I haven't been to the tower yet, but I have been reading about Ulli and Pallas camps.....

Still, it may not make you wait 24 hours for next window.... I agree in some respects this leaves a bitter taste in peoples' mouths who camped and got this item pre-patch.

I just don't have the time to camp these things between RL stuff and LS events. This makes it much more attractive to obtain or try to obtain.

I agree that this update is great, just leaves a little bitterness. Yeah I can't comment on drop of pop items, due to lack of play time lately. Just stating that parts of it are bitter sweet to me. Ulli pop is by far the best change IMO

0/42 on sozu pre update so its about time i got something in return.

Well I have spent too much time on Kings, and nothing to show, make them pops too then. Would definately remove the botters.

I am very happy with this update, just bitter because a lot of items I have, could have been gotten now with less cost and or time. Not to mention depreciates the value of my items.

Last edited:
Back