Major Flaws In Healing Design.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Currently the FFXIV community is displeased with the healing jobs, and there are major flaws with the design of healing overall.

I have witnessed numerous times, including just recently, situations where healers are not punished for failing to perform their funtions.

There are no systems in place to punish healers for not doing their job, and there are too many mitigation actions across other jobs, which "award" healers the opportunity to avoid usiing mitigation/healing actions themselves.

The players say healing is too boring, and the offensive actions are too few, so here is my proposed solution, based on current existing problems.

Problem:

1.) Healers not topping off tanks before tank busters, and not shielding tanks for tank busters, then also not healing tanks after tank busters resulting to tanks dying to auto attacks.

This is extremely frequent, in so much it happens often.

I literally just checked a healers history, and they rank "the highest among damage for healing" so even in their mind they are a great healer. When I just watched a tank at around 60% take a tank buster, drop to 5% and then die to auto attacks. The boss then proceeded to kill other players after the other tank died. The other healer raised the tank, and this person told the tank to provoke. They never hardcast anything besides their 2 damage attacks.

2.) Damage dealing roles have too many mitigation actions, reducing the need for healers to perform any healing/mitigation functions, resulting in even lower performance from healers.

In short:
Healers are not punished for not healing the tanks or party. Healers are "rewarded" by party members performing at higher levels utilizing their actions. Healers then complain of boredom.

Solution:
Ensure, if that a healer fails to maintain the tanks survivial they are the first to die.

Remove mitigation from damage dealing jobs, and add them to healers, so healers have more responsiblity. They say they are bored anyway. Healers should be 100% responsible for the parties survival. Failing to keep players alive should result in their death.

Additional solution:
It would also be beneficial, to where if any mechanic is failed, it results in a damage down debuff, instead of damage taken. This also ensures players perform mechanics, and do not punsh healers for their mistakes.

Additional problem:
Currently any tank can fill the role of "main tank" and "off tank."
Healing role assignments, only SCH and AST can fill the role for shielding, and WHM and AST can fill the role of regens. Until this is addressed, healers will never truly be balanced.

Continue reading...

Back