Macro Fun

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
This morning's exercise in making shorter and shorter crafting macros wasn't unique, although one byproduct was, well, new to me.

I made this little gem to speed up commodity HQ production of certain 80 durability ILVL415 and ILVL430 items:

/ac Reflect <wait.3>
/ac Innovation <wait.3>
/ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3>
/ac "Delicate Synthesis" <wait.3>
/ac "Veneration" <wait.3>
/ac "Groundwork" <wait.3>

This macro is a "take no prisoners" absolute speed device, used to facilitate the production of large numbers of HQ items. If a poor condition appears during any of the quality increases, the outcome is likely to be NQ, often enough to beg for relief, well, maybe.

So, in a moment of hysteria I put this shiny remedy together... and it promptly broke my brain, permanently:

/ac Reflect <wait.3>
/ac "Tricks of the Trade" <wait.3>
/ac Innovation <wait.3>
/ac "Delicate Synthesis" <wait.3>
/ac "Veneration" <wait.3>
/ac "Groundwork" <wait.3>

I think, with enough Bourbon, I could explain it, but for now, let's just sit here and wonder. What is hilarious is, the damned thing appears to actually work! I tested it dozens of times, and so far have achieved trigger on two of the Tricks during a single pass.. but none yet on all three. That said, it does appear that Square's macro supervisor successfully unwinds the critter, and so far no NQ failures or any others have appeared. This is not to say that in a situation where all 3 Tricks fire, something may appear that is yet unforeseen, but hey, it is at least fun to watch. (For example, I'm not entirely sure the 2nd Tricks will ever see service, but so far it ain't broke anything, either.)

Disclaimer, these macros were made to work with my gear. Dunno how they will behave with yours.

Shooter

Continue reading...

Back