Likes And Dislikes Of Blue Mage

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Before 5.1 I wanted Blue Mage to be a real job since its one of my favorite jobs in FF but had Problems with it in 14 aside a couple aspects. What I liked about it before the patch were these.

Going around on the overworld to find spells was fun.
Some of the spells were cool.

Dislikes
Once you got all the overworld spells it was just boring to level.
A lot of the skills sucked
The carnival wasn't great and frustrating.
Element system in carnival sucks.
Trying to learn spells before wasn't 100% if you were synced so you had scenarios like me spending 6-8 hours trying to get ramuh skill.

By the end of it I was fed up and was mad that BLU ended up like this. However with 5.15 these feelings have changed.

Grouping up with other BLU in content for the BLU log and learning new skills is really fun. With Aetherial Mimicry the BLU can establish roles like tanking and healing and that helps a ton. The new skills are good and there some cool ones introduced things like Avail and Launcher. I don't like how the Morbol mount is a reward for clearing T5 T9 and T13 as well as A4S A8S and A12S. The morbol for all that doesn't feel that much worth and it should've been carnival and maybe something like a Brute Justice mount for the savages. The best change for BLU is making the learn rate 100% when synced and that cuts down on the grind and overall makes the experience better. Now for likes and dislikes.

Its still fun to go around on the overworld and learning skills
Group Content with BLU is really fun and is easily one of the best parts
More interesting spells make builds more important
The augment system helps a lot and makes roles for the BLU better
The increase in damage helps with one of the issues with BLU
Learn rates being 100% when synced cut down the grind

Dislikes

The carnival still sucks
The morbol mount being locked behind the savages sucks
The augment system needs more work
Tanking needs more skills that get augmented
Final sting and Self-Destruct being a 10 minute cooldown sucks
It still sucks to level up once you get all your skills from the overworld.

I think BLU has improved a lot and if they continue to work on it like this I believe it would be a great side thing to do. Letting BLU choose roles for content and having content to do that wasn't the carnival was a great change from what was before. I know people still want it to be a solo job but I think this direction is way better.

So what do you guys like and dislike about Blue Mage?

Continue reading...

Back