Lighting Issue With 'imitation Long Window' Furniture Item At Night

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Date & Time: 11/8/2019 5 am CST
Frequency: Every night Eorzea time
World name: Hyperion
Character name: Nakira Ogde'rel
In-game time: at night
Area and coordinates: Interior housing instance in Shirogane/Lavendar Beds, but likely any
Housing: I only tested in Shirogane and Lavender Beds (private mansion in Shirogane, FC room in Lav. Beds), both displayed the same issue

Steps:
1. Wait til night time Eorzea time
2. Go into housing menu and choose the Imitation Long Window from inventory
3. When the crosshairs to place the window appear, observe that the window displays light rays when placed on a wall currently facing the moon, or otherwise lights dimly when not.
4. Confirm placement of the window on the wall.
5. Light from window disappears.
6. Leave window on wall and exit to main housing menu.
7. Select the 'Preview Indoor Furnishings' option from the menu and locate the Imitation Long Window.
8. Place the window on the wall next to the one that was placed from inventory.
9. Observe the difference between the windows, both placed on the same wall. The window placed from inventory remains unlit. The window placed from the preview menu remains lit.

The issue also seems to happen when placing the window from storage as well. However, when placed from storage, the window remains dim when placing the item, then flickers with light as it's placed before growing dim again.

This issue only happens at night. The window lights up as expected during the day.

When placing the window in the housing menu, from my inventory:
hcr3nBS.png

Once the window is placed
y7uqrqx.png

Both the window placed from my inventory, and the one placed with the preview furniture option:
zZ8S2Yb.png

Continue reading...

Back