Legacy Accounts and ARR

I don't see why we would, it already recognizes us as owners of the game really. I'm sure they don't require us to purchase another copy of the game, so I don't know where else we'd get a registration code.

This actually caused a lot of ruckus since 1.0 (but not necessarily Legacy campaign) characters dont get early access by default (like myself), so we have to preorder to get it... even though we won't be buying a copy of the game. Kinda odd.

I don't see why we would, it already recognizes us as owners of the game really. I'm sure they don't require us to purchase another copy of the game, so I don't know where else we'd get a registration code.

This actually caused a lot of ruckus since 1.0 (but not necessarily Legacy campaign) characters dont get early access by default (like myself), so we have to preorder to get it... even though we won't be buying a copy of the game. Kinda odd.

This is what I was wondering... about early access and all. I don't care so much about the CE items for a new copy, but I certainly didn't want to have to buy a new registration code.

I've seen posts going both ways: Legacy players don't need to pay again and also get early access and then I've seen posts/information that say no early access but also don't need to pay again either.

This page says yes. I'm trying to find it on an official SE or FFXIV page......

What is the Early Access and how is that different than the Open Beta?
After the end of the Open Beta (Beta 4) there will be a short downtime followed by the Early Access period. Early access begins on 24-Aug and runs through 27-Aug. On 27-Aug the live game begins, there will be no (extended) downtime between early access and launch.

This Early Access period will not include all players who had access to the open beta!

There are a couple different ways to gain access to the Early Access. If you were a FFXIV 1.0 Legacy character, you automatically have Early Access access. Otherwise Early Access is restricted to players with preorder codes for ARR.

Follow-up: Curse.com says this: http://www.curse.com/news/final-fan...-final-beta-weekend-early-access-launch-dates

Curse.com said:
Final Beta Test: August 17th through the 19th for PC and PS3 -- this is the final testing phase.
Early Access: August 24th for those who have pre-ordered or for those with Legacy accounts.
Official Launch: August 27th: All new accounts will receive a free 30-day subscription to the game.

Here's hoping that this is the right info. :D

4 days of waiting and withdrawal... :)

Well, how about that. I found a sticky thread: http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Te...FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Purchase-Questions

FFXIV said:
I'd like to answer a couple of questions regarding the purchase of the official version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Are the pre-order bonuses attached to the entire Square Enix account? Or is it just a registration code we activate on specific service accounts?
Pre-order bonuses attach to an FFXIV service account, so all characters on that service account will be able to receive the pre-order bonuses.

Will it be possible to register the PS3 version's pre-order bonuses on the Windows version?
Yes, this will be possible. By inputting the product code enclosed with the PS3 version into your PS3, you will be able to choose to add the PS3 version to either an existing FFXIV service account or a new FFXIV service account. If you choose to add it to an FFXIV existing service account, the pre-order bonuses will be applied to that FFXIV service account.

For people who purchased the 1.0 Collector's Edition, it was said that the bonuses would be distributed via Mog Letters; however, will these still be distributed even if we didn't input any codes?
Users who purchased and registered the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector's Edition, the bonus items will be sent by Mog Letter without having to input any additional codes.
Users who purchased the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector's Edition but did not register the code will need to input the Collector's Edition registration code.

Are the pre-order bonuses only for online purchase? If you pre-order at a retail store will be bonuses still be included?
Pre-orders have begun today for both online purchases and retail stores as well. Please note that this may differ from store to store, so it's a good idea to confirm with the retailer beforehand.

Legacy members are being given Early Access, so does that mean they will also be receiving the Mog Cap and Cait Sith Doll Minion?
No, players who have fulfilled the criteria for the Legacy Campaign are only being granted early access to the game.

Will people who have the 1.0 Collector's Edition be able to apply the pre-order bonus in-game items and early access rights to their old accounts if they pre-order the standard PC version of the game?
When registering the pre-order bonus code you will be able to select which FFXIV service account the bonus is applied to.

If someone who purchased the 1.0 Standard Edition wants the FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition in-game bonus items, is it possible to obtain these by buying the Collector's Edition digital upgrade? Or will it be necessary to purchase the Standard Edition of ARR as well as the digital upgrade?
You simply need to purchase the Collector's Edition digital upgrade.

Great, game-on come 8/24.

Not legacy but preordered, got code, then cancelled.

A lot of people, myself included, got confused by wording... Legacy status was awarded to 1.0 players who subscribed for a set amount of time, but not all of 1.0 got them.. like myself. Lol. So I played in Legacy, but did not get Legacy status. So I preordered and got two codes! Woo!

Definitely a Legacy account holder......lol I bought a good couple months worth of Crysta, I was out when that ran out. But I guess it was enough to earn Legacy status. LOL I'll probably do the same in ARR :-P

Back