Khimaira recipes

Fodder

Ultima Legacy
Can anyone post the syntheses recipes for any/all of the Khimaira gear? Please include main skill/sub skills. Please also include sub synths if they are new items.

Thanks!

BONECRAFT
Khimaria Jambiya (estimated skill: 99-100)
Necessary Skills: Bonecraft, Goldsmithing, Smithing
Necessary Crystal: Fire Crystal
Necessary Items:
1x Steel Ingot
1x Gold Ingot
1x Vial of Mercury
1x Star Sapphire
1x Khimaria Horn

And then this item is used in an alchemy synth.

Khimaira Wristband
Main : Leathercraft 91
Sub: ---------------

Earth Crystal
Manticore Leather x2
Buffalo Leather x1
Khimaira Mane x2

Khimaira Gamashes
Main: Leathercraft 93
Sub: Clothcraft ?

Earth Crystal
Manticore Leather x1
Hippogryph Feather x1
Buffalo Leather x2
Khimaira Mane x2

Khimaira Bonnet
Main: Leathercraft 95

Earth Crystal
Manticore Leather x1
Hippogryph Feather x2
Eft Skin x1
Buffalo Leather x1
Khimaira Mane x2

Khimaira Kecks
Main: Leathercraft 97

Earth Crystal
Tiger Leather x1
Manticore Leather x1
Buffalo Leather x2
Khimaira Mane x4 (lol)

Khimaira Jacket
Main: Leathercraft 99
Sub: Bonecraft ?

Earth Crystal
Manticore Leather x2
Buffalo Horn x1
Eft Skin x1
Buffalo Leather x2
Khimaira Mane x2

Seems like horn and tail are only used for this dagger and nothing else. and Manes are only used for this new Leathercraft gear and nothing else.

I wonder if we should hold on to the 2 Manes we got and save them for Kecks, since that seems to be by far the best piece.

Ez and Aelf do you want to hold off for kecks or do you want a different piece and to random for them now?

i'd place the feet (gamashes) http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/9116
as the only worthwhile piece of this set... it's the only thing with a worthwhile upgrade over the bison set.

It's also hard to say I guess since the items don't have exact descriptions of how much they "improve" something. Didn't realize bison kecks also had improve tame success rate though.

all the stats on khimaera set are slight improvements on bison. yeah the only useful improvement in my eyes is the acc on the boots.

if the hat drops the call beast timer further than the bison hat, then sure thats worthwhile.

but yeah, im still kinda puzzled at why they even bothered making this set :p

I agree with Aelfinn. The boots are the only piece worth making as of now. That may change if we end up finding the reward recast reduction or tame success rate increase are much, much more impressive than those on the bison set.

Kalia: I might be missing something on the Kecks. What is it about them that you feel makes them good? In my opinion, barring any significant increase in tame success rate, they really suck. Let me know because I may really be missing something about game mechanics that could help me in the future. I know you know a lot more than I do about that stuff ^.^. Thanks.

Ez

Well for starters I didn't know that Bison gear had the same stat lol. If it's the same, they suck. I just figured that stat wasn't accessible from any other piece of gear in the game.

ffxi.somepage.com said:
Bison Gamashes
* MP +7
* Attack +5
* Enmity -1
* Additional Effect vs Vermin: Charm +5

Bison Jacket
* MP +21
* Charisma +4
* Enmity -2
* Additional Effect vs Plantoids: Charm +5

Bison Kecks
* Enmity -2
* MP +15
* Additional Effect vs Bird: Charm +5
* Improves 'Tame' Success Rate

Bison Warbonnet
* MP +8
* Enmity -1
* Additional Effect vs Beasts: Charm +5
* Reduces 'Reward' Recast Time

Bison Wristbands
* MP +13
* Accuracy +4
* Enmity -1
* Additional Effect vs Lizard: Charm +5

They are the same fricking set, lol. I was pretty insulted when I saw that this is what SE gives BSTs when they complain about being overlooked in the most defining areas of gameplay (ie. jug pets and party play).

The difference in the sets is HP+64 ACC+5 EVA+4 DEX+4 VIT+4 Enmity-4 total. WHOO BOY look out! That's some godly BST gear off an HNM...

Makes you wonder if there's a hidden set bonus, or a hidden bonus on individual pieces.

Siriusly, wtf is up with these NMs and crappy drops...there is like no point after beating them on the first.

Back