Just Feels Like Bad Design

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
This is just stuff that bothers me as it feels like SE's intended way of doing things baffles me.

So;
-Miasma, learned at lv6 on Arcanist use for 24 levels become Scholar and forget it ever existed, so dumb down things the moment you become a healer something you should have already fully gotten used to long before being a Scholar. I might've been ok if this was added later to not overwhelm people on the initial switch from dps to healer but full removal just feels bad.
-Fester, while originally a Summoner skill is now an Arcanist skill at lv 18 to teach spending aetherflow stacks, so for 12 levels you learn to gain stacks and spend them, then you go Scholar forget everything about aetherflow stacks for 15 levels, like what?!, that just looks silly a player has learned about a core mechanic of the job already but you with old it for 15 levels, why?
-Bane, you literally get this just before being able to become a Scholar, why is not available, is spreading 1 DoT really that bad for Scholars to do come on SE.
-Diurnal Sect, why is this glorified button bloat for 4 levels, why isn't it tied with Aspected Benefic or Aspected Benefic tied to it, 4 levels of a do nothing stance looks stupid and sounds stupid.
-Undraw, with the current card system this is just button bloat for the sake of it, no one in their right mind would Undraw ever now, this may have had a niche pre Minor Arcana in Stormblood now though get rid of it it is functionally worthless or give it an extra effect.

The above just really really baffles me with their job design team and highlights to me that they did not put as much effort as they should have when designing the healers for Shadowbringers.

Continue reading...

Back