Just Faced Ravana For The First Time.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
This is, in all honesty, the first "boss fight" that I've ever truly enjoyed in any game in my 25+ years of gaming. The atmosphere, the voice acting and character, the MUSIC. My god.

My group was a pug found in the duty finder. I play a novice Dark Knight and I've never done a multi-tank fight before. We downed Ravana in the first go, in a manner that was straight out amazing. By the final phase our healer had DC'd with maybe 15% of Ravana's health left. DPS proceed to tear out the stops and go insane until they die, other tank, a Gunbreaker, eventually goes down with Ravana at around 5% or so, then it's my turn, last one standing.

Pop a potion to get up to about 75% health, use every tanking trick I know, hit every defensive cooldown, laying out Salted Earth for just that little bit more damage, take every hit on the chin. A sliver of Ravana's health is left, I have 120HP and no cooldowns left. Living Dead.

Kill Ravana, racing the countdown. Little over a second left. I don't drop, because the Healer reconnects and apparently hit me with everything at the last half second or so. Having never seen the fight and doing the MSQ, I watch the cinematic, zone back into the arena to find the whole group still there cheering, dancing and hugging my DRK. Got a commendation from everyone. I gave mine to the Healer.

This was the greatest fight I've yet seen in FF14. I hope there's more like it to come.

Dance to the song of ringing steel!

Fray is jelly.

submitted by /u/Highlord83
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back