Just A Brain Dump... Maybe A Little Burnt Out?

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I'm not sure I really have a direct question or anything, but just wanted a place to dump some thoughts and maybe see what you all think.

I like the game a lot, but after about 2 months or so I find myself burning out a little I guess. I have Paladin to 50 and Dragoon to 50. My endgame (until I change my mind lol) is to unlock Dark Knight and probably main that the rest of my time here.

I'm at a bit of an impasse though. I can't unlock DRK until I get to Heavensward, but I don't think I'm even halfway through the ARR MSQ yet. I don't really want to level DRG or PLD anymore when I'm planning on maining DRK, and I've tried starting up new classes to spice things up but obviously I can't continue in the story til I level them up (and the DPS roulette queue is worse than I remember from leveling DRG lol, tank queue must've spoiled me)... so that's kinda moot.

I guess the answer is easy, if I'm going to main a tank I should just push through the story as my PLD and switch to DRK when I can... but man, I'm having a hard time motivating myself to get through the rest of the ARR MSQ. And I'm not thrilled about piling levels into PLD but it is what it is in that case. Hell, maybe I just main PLD... the armor is pretty cool. :D

Not sure where I'm going with this. MMO's usually aren't for me since I'm pretty casual with gaming, but I fell in love with FFXIV early and don't really want to let go yet. The story feels like a bit of a slog and is killing my motivation to keep going a little bit. Guess I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for my particular situation to reinvigorate a little bit and make the looong process of completing the MSQ more palatable?

As a sidenote, one thing I'm thinking about doing is joining a free company since the chat, distraction and extracurricular participation might help me settle in a bit more. But I'm not sure how I'd go about finding a casual-friendly free company to hang with? Any thoughts there would also be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back