Job Suggestions

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
New to the whole forum thing, but was mainly just trying to find a thread to share ideas and suggestions. The support classes feel limited; only 3 healers and i believe 4 tanks. I wanted to share some ideas i had to fill out these roles. Won't go too in depth but I'll summarize the basic mechanics and will discuss further if someone is interested:

Healing Jobs:​

Time Mage: "reverse" damage done. For supporting this could also apply to reverting mana amount of a party member, and even high level skills reducing cd of skills of teammates. For buffs, have an aoe skill so that players in the zone get an "echo" which would make every skill they use act like it activated twice, maybe not at full strength for balance. Another idea would be to place a debuff on an enemy so that the amount of damage they take in a certain time frame would be reapplied in full at the end of the duration. For damage, time mages have a history of learning Quake and Meteor for supplemental aoe damage.

Singer/Vocalist: Kind of like a support version of dancer. Would have continuous effects in an aoe; Regen, damage boost, defense boost, debuff clearing, and maybe abilities to weaken and drain enemies for an offensive option.

Tinkerer: Rather than spells, would use skills to use/build objects and machines to aid players. Examples would be like a bot that could hover near a player to continuously heal them, or buff stats. These gadgets would be assigned to certain party members, each player can only have one bot. These things would have either a time limit or their own hp with a high enmity so enemies can destroy them. The class could use tinker tools to actively heal, damage, buff, etc.

Tank Jobs:​

Green Mage: Green mages are typically a support job, but if the focus is shifted more on ability to grant buffs and debuffs, they could make an interesting magic based tank. Using spells such as protect and shell, passives that double the effect of buffs that affect them, restore mana from taking damage, having abilities that debuff enemies so they take increased magical or physical damages depending on what fits the party. Green mages are also notorious for being able to use blinding, silencing, and poisoning spells.

Soul Knight: This class would specialize in "stealing" a percentage of an enemies stats; absorbing their soul so to speak. At higher ranks how many enemies you could effect with this would increase, so the more you pull the more stats you gain. Passives so that when an enemy dies near you, you are given a heal based on their total health and a "soul stack" that you can use for high ranking abilities.

So these are just ideas, wanted to see what people thought and maybe catch the eye of someone. Really my biggest concern for 14 is that having so little choices for supporting classes would keep people from attempting to use them, especially newcomers.

Continue reading...

Back