Job Change Suggestions For Brd In 6.0

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hello everyone, I'm Sam and I've been raiding on and off (skipped a few tiers, only cleared TEA for ults) on BRD since 2.5 and have pretty much loved every iteration of the job. In this post I'll be listing off some of the job changes I think could help improve BRD in the future and make it more fun and satisfying to play. I am 100% a bow nerd and barely care about the song aesthetic of the job so don't @ me Square has a hard enough job trying to appease that demographic and it's definitely not my priority when looking for improvements. I should note I don't even expect more than one of these changes, and this is easily more than 3 expansions worth of changes; all at once would be insanely overpowered obviously.

Before that, I'll list my primary complaints for BRD in Shadowbringers as I think it's one if my least favorite expansions as a BRD main:
I think our DOTs are extremely antiquated and consistently hamper the flow of the job in single target (it's honestly pretty fun in TEA); they also actively conflict with your soul gauge in most fights (you can't apex on a jaws gcd and vice versa). Minne is useful for nothing aside from preemptively boosting a shield or healing White Hole and Living Dead(lol). Paean is convenient for almost nothing. 80 second burst phases can easily desync you from all raid buffs. Muse is terrible and works against the gameplay in Minuet AND Ballad. Bloodletter clipping is eternally a meme.

Alright onto some changes I hope we'll see:

Battle voice: Hit the user, please square..?

Soul gauge: When the gauge is at 50 or above, change Refulgent Arrow into a Giga Refulgent that blows bosses up and impresses everyone for the first month. Make barrage also charge 50 gauge to accomodate this. I'm fine with Apex costing 100, it owns during trash and 2 boss cleave; maybe make it free aim like Holy, MNK aoe, etc.

Charged actions: I think there's potential for Bloodletter, Paean, Emp arrow, and Pitch Perfect to all see this change, I would be shocked if more than one of these were changed but Pitch Perfect and Bloodletter are immediately quality of life bumps. With Emp potentially being too good.

Song and Raging/Barrage timings: I think it's about time bard shifted to a 90 second rotation like many other jobs. Desyncing your primary burst from Brotherhood, Devotion, Litany, Trick, and all 2 mins is extremely annoying and the 80 second cycle currently facilitates this. In my opinion this could improve bard's damage potential in raid immensely.

DOTs: Remove them, make songs passive aoe damage, improve song range to 40y to accomodate this. Also improve proc chance since this would obv cut our procs in half if it stayed 40%.

Continued in next comment:

Continue reading...

Back