Job Adjustments and Additions: Part II (10/21/2009)

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
PlayOnline said:

Part II of our job adjustments and additions preview invites to center stage beastmasters and summoners, Vana'diel's wielders of animalistic and avatarial might!

Summoner

A new ability will be added for summoners, and with it, a brand new way for these masters of forbidden magic to lend their powers to party battles.

Avatar's Favor (Lv.55 Recast Time: 5 minutes Duration: 2 hours)
Channels the avatar's power towards a beneficial status effect for party members within range. Reduces perpetuation cost while active.

4975_3.jpg

By summoning an avatar while this ability is active, a corresponding beneficial effect from above table will be granted to all party members within range of the avatar. The effect's potency will gradually increase until the avatar is released, and at its peak, can be expected to reach levels equal to those granted by the corsair's lucky number roll.

While multiple favors of the same variety will not be stackable, a single party can benefit from as many types as there are summoners. Furthermore, enhancements received through this ability can be used in conjunction with those received via magic spells, songs, the Phantom Roll ability, and so forth.

Beastmaster
Adjustments and additions have been scheduled that will greatly enhance the effectiveness of pets called forth via the "Call Beast" ability.

- New Pet Command: "Ready"

When in control of a pet called forth via the "Call Beast" ability, the pet command "Sic" will be replaced with "Ready." By fulfilling the following conditions, "Ready" will allow you to select a specific ability for the pet to use from its arsenal.
* The pet's TP is at 100% or more.
* Sufficient charges have accumulated for the ability you wish to use.

- Charges

Regardless of the beastmaster's level, one charge will accumulate for every two minutes after a pet has been called, up to a maximum of three. The amount of charges required will vary depending on ability.

Example: Funguar Familiar
4975_8.jpg

We will continue to observe the beastmaster job following the release of the November version update, and as necessary, make adjustments to special abilities and calling items for each pet.

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

The SMN changes sound interesting, but I'm not sure how often the magic bonuses will be useful. It's hard enough keeping a group of BLMs together for 10 seconds to do Diabolos's magic boost, let alone the longer periods you'd need for these buffs. :p

Sounds pretty cool to me. Especially if you only need to be in the range of the avatar initially ( as is the case with BRD songs and COR rolls). The way I first read it my understanding was that you had to be in range when the avatar was summoned and that the avatar had to simply stay out in order for the party to keep the effect. If that is not the case.. well hopefully it has a large area of effect. It certainly sounds like it has potential though.

To bad it's taken them this long to bring these changes into effect.

Apparently some BSTs aren't thrilled about having to wait 6 minutes to do anything useful. A bunch of JP BSTs staged a mass suicide in Jeuno on some other server.

Apparently some BSTs aren't thrilled about having to wait 6 minutes to do anything useful. A bunch of JP BSTs staged a mass suicide in Jeuno on some other server.

they should just get over themselves, I welcome this change to {Sic}

It's a step closer to getting what BST's always wanted.

So have they completely removed the Old Sic? How i've read it is that you can still use Sic up until you reach 100 TP???

So have they completely removed the Old Sic? How i've read it is that you can still use Sic up until you reach 100 TP???
When in control of a pet called forth via the "Call Beast" ability, the pet command "Sic" will be replaced with "Ready."
Nope, there is no more Sic, it's only Ready for jug pets at least. Not sure about charmed pets.

sic and ready are both listed on the addon leg gear stats for shantotto. so probably sic on charmed and ready on jugs.

Back