Job Adjustments (01/12/2006)

Well, i'm glad they finally adressed a big issue with pld, wich was magic damage mitigation compared to utsusemi. Aka: non existant vs full absorb.

Hopefully the magic shield is more than 200 hp. >.>

The no interuption while casting on shield block is pretty moot to start with seeing how people already cast between attacks anyway.

SE sure show PLD the love.

Well considering then entire FFXI player population uses run-away when PLD need to XP .. lol we need love from somewhere. ;)

Well, i'm glad they finally adressed a big issue with pld, wich was magic damage mitigation compared to utsusemi. Aka: non existant vs full absorb.

Hopefully the magic shield is more than 200 hp. >.>

The no interruption while casting on shield block is pretty moot to start with seeing how people already cast between attacks anyway.

Umm... you can't control when you shield block. And you certainly can't control when a mob double attacks nor when it does a WS. You can time all you want, but there will be times where you have to cure yourself and you start curing after the first attack... only to shield block the 2nd double attack. And nowadays, not all mages will cast slow so mob attack speed will vary tremendously. So fast attacking mobs like Puks will interrupt just about any spell even if timed properly. Any PLD that I've seen in Buffalo Thickets always get interrupted on Cure spells by Puks (myself included). The only time I've managed to get any semblance of a Cure off is when it does Obfuscate or someone pulls hate via WS. As comparison these puks attack faster than Lufaise Meadows big birds.

I would very much prefer the old shield block method where you block for no damage similar to parry but with the same proc rate as it is today.

Well considering then entire FFXI player population uses run-away when PLD need to XP .. lol we need love from somewhere. ;)

If you can just get your hands on an Excalibur you'll be one of the top choicse for a melee burn :D

Double attack doesn't affect spells. You can start casting right as the 1st hit is landing & the 2nd attack would have no impact spell wise, they really hit at the same time they just show up delayed in the log.

Back