japanese language support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

akarikamigishi

Non-Validated User
I play on JP client, and now that I've picked up meriting somewhat again, I thought it'd be nice to parse myself and see where I need improvements. I noticed in your devlog you said 'correctly decodes Japanese chat log' so I figured it'd work. Loaded up dvsparse and nothing happened.

It's picking up the chat log through the 'raw chat log' section, so I assume it should be working, but the other side just gave 0s, and in sections like mcrit it says '0 / NaN (非数値) / 0' (I think, it's kind of small and blurry).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

When I wrote that it correctly decoded japanese messages, what I meant was that in the raw chat log section it displayed actual japanese instead of junk. It doesn't actually parse the japanese messages and extract values like player/enemy names, damage, etc.

This is something I want to do in the future, but unfortunately I don't play on Japanese client so I don't know the format of all the messages.

Maybe you could translate for me? All the messages I'm currently parsing are contained in an xml file (which is really just a text file formatted a specific way), if you wanted to help I could send you this xml file and you could send me back a translated version. Then I could probably add full japanese support based on this. Let me know if you're interested.

It'd be neat to be a part of the process, for sure. I'd love to help.

Side note, I take offense at this forum title. I haven't even been in the dunes for like a year! :)

Post up and get the Jeuno Sloth title instead :icecream:

I sent off the translations to kalia a couple days ago and no response ;;

Oh, sorry. I got them :) Haven't really had a chacne to do anything with them yet, though. I'm kind of doing some big changes in the parser that will probably take a few weeks to complete so I wont' have a chance to play with it until after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back