Internet Problems..

Rektify

More things change the more they stay the same.
Ultima Legacy
Hmm, I woke up today, turned my laptop on from hibernate mode and it decided not to connect to the internet. I haven't changed any settings whatsoever and for some reason it suddenly can't detect any wireless signal. I've tried System Restore, SDfix, Vundofix and messing with common settings. All fixes did absolutely nothing.

Hitting repair stalls out at the "Connecting to the wireless network" part. View wireless network and hitting refresh shows no networks in range. Even on the host computer this connection is described as "inactive". I've made no changes whatsoever to it - I believe. And I haven't visited any odd websites and I can't remember any system irregularities. All I do remember is ffxi chugging more than usual. Possibly a virus?

Anyone that could check to see if I'm online right now earns a cookie. If I magically got hacked I'd laugh - RMT would suddenly gain about .. 30k gil and assorted RA/EX items. Oh, they would also get my Narasimha Vest and Hauberk. (lol)

Any suggestions? I'm not networking savvy but I tried my hand. Doing ipconfig /release and /renew does nothing - says media is disconnected. Odd...

*I'm on a different CPU, no FFXI installed sadly.

I got frustrated and hit my keyboard repetitively. That seems to have made it toe the line and it's .... working all of a sudden just as fast as it stopped.

I need to get a better antivirus ... anyone know of a good-free-noninvasive one?

yeah, its called OSX

Back