I'm Giving Away A Complete Edition Eu Key, If Any Of You Has A Friend Hesitating About...

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
TL;DR: Just state in a comment below if you're interested and I'll pick a random user. PC download version. EU only, sorry folks!

Today is my 10th anniversary of playing FFXIV, as the first test session for FFXIV 1.0 Alpha Version started for EU and US players on April 8th 2010, exactly ten years ago.

To say I enjoyed being part of this incredible journey from the very start is an understatement. I have nothing but love for this game, this world, and the community. If anything, as I've always had a passion for both Final Fantasy and MMOs, my love for Eorzea has got stronger than ever after all these years!

To think about the rocky start of FFXIV, back when the main competitor was at its highest peak ever (late Wrath of the Lich King) and the very future of this game so uncertain; then looking now at Shadowbringers, one of the best entries in the FF series in a very long time... Had you told me 10 years ago what FFXIV would become, one of the strongest subscription-based MMOs in the market at a time when they pretty much all disappeared, I'm not sure I would have believed.

I honestly cannot think of a single bad memory about this game after all this time. As clunky as it was, I liked 1.0. Something about the ambient, the lore, the potential of Eorzea was already there, deep beneath. I enjoyed it until the very end, have my own memories of the day the world ended, and it's become an unforgettable experience that I have shared with the incredible friends I made at the time. Needless to say, I liked even more ARR and everything that came after.

I've made countless valuable friends over the years, met a few of them across the country, and even had the chance to meet Yoshi-P for a brief moment, a few weeks before ARR launch. I've never been really hardcore, as I've been extremely careful not to burn out and did pauses whenever I felt the need, so I had plenty of time to enjoy all different kinds of content. PvE, crafting, Gold Saucer farming, housing, and even some PvP and a little bit of RP, I enjoy almost everything the game has to offer. It seems to me that I'll never run out of things to do in the next 10 years, and it feels honestly good.

Recently, I introduced my wife into the game. Being able to share Shadowbringers with her was one of my best gaming experiences ever. Thank you all, random strangers who were patient with her in dungeons. You're no small part of why this MMO is like no other in the field.

Anyway, I didn't have much to say on that special day, but just wanted to share my positive views. FFXIV is right now in the best shape it's ever been, and I'm looking forward to the next 10 years to see how it will grow even better.

Thank you for reading, and thank you for being part of this, whoever you are. I wish you nothing but to share whatever you enjoy in life with your friends, hence my offer of a EU Complete Edition key, if you know someone you'd like to have with you in Eorzea, but is still hesitant about it.

submitted by /u/Vahron
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back