Idea For The Duties.

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Truth be told. The game is too dependent on equipment and not on skill.
Go with bad equipment and no mater how good you are, you will wipe.
Go with good equipment and no mater how bad you are, the game will be forgiving.
I am sure all of you know this.

I suggest a compromise. Have difficulty system with auto level of equipment.
So if you want an easy experience you set the duty for easy, Which basically will put all your items to the maximum ilvl of the dungeon, even if you go naked. And get lower rewards.
And if you want a challenging experience you set it to hard and get better rewards.

Kind of what is now, except it will put everyone at the same item level no mater what they enter the dungeon with. You can go naked and still get the same item level than those with Uber armor of your class.

Since the dungeon equipment would be auto-leveled one way or the other there is no "I have overpowered armor and thus can do this with my eyes closed." And there is no "I cannot pass this after several wipes." Also no. "I can run the whole dungeon wall to wall without flinching."

The difficulty settings would allow for both challenging and easy experience depending on the player wants. The reward ratio is just to give people a reason to try hard (which would be everyone automatically sync at the lowest item level for entering the dungeon).

With the last boss of a random dungeon giving a special item if you pass the dungeon without a party wipe. Increasing the chance the less people have visited a dungeon. And the reward be given to each player based on their level. So you are level 20 you receive level 20 items, and for level 80 you receive level 80 items. No fighting also, as each would get it automatically Just by being lucky enough to be on that dungeon at the right time on hard and not wipe.

Continue reading...

Back