Idea: A Variant Of Stone, Sky, Sea For Mechanics

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
I was thinking about the second boss from Bardam's Mettle; the golem that can't be attacked and only tests you on your ability to avoid damage from mechanics. And I think that that format could make for a good way to let players practice common mechanics outside of instanced fights.

We currently have Stone, Sky, Sea as a way for players to test their rotations and make sure they've got enough damage output to theoretically beat a given encounter. But this stationary dummy doesn't help you get better with avoiding mechanics; this is something that you mostly have to do in the fight itself. But if we had a version of these practice arenas in which a golem used stuff like gaze attacks, puddle-dropping attacks, knockbacks, and so on, it could be a good way for players to practice dealing with common threats. Failing a mechanic wouldn't kill you; it would mark you with a "debuff" that makes the practice fail if you get too many.

I don't know if I'd want there to be ones for each new encounter; there's something to be said for experiencing new things from a new fight. But I think this kind of practice area could help out. What do you think?

submitted by /u/Enlog
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back