I just performed an epic fail.

Fiko

Fikowned
FC/Active Member
So the company I work for has an annual picnic. Free food, drinks, lots of fun.

There's also a raffle every year as well. Last year the main item of note was a PS3 which I did not win.. this year it was a Netbook. The specifics unknown as they did not broadcast any detailed information on it.

Time for raffle, can't find my ticket.. perhaps I threw it away? That would be just like me, after all.

They call the winning number.

Nobody answers.

They call it again.

Nobody answers.

Yet, I can't say it was my winning ticket that I lost because this picnic is first not a requirement, and secondly anyone is free to leave whenever they wish, so it could have been someone who left, which I hoped was the case.

They move on to another number, and another employee wins it.

3 hours later, I am paying for some groceries I bought at Hannaford. I open up my wallet, which I had done before while looking for the stupid ticket, and I find it hidden between my debit card and credit card. It was the winning number..

I never win any of these stupid raffles, and the day I do, I lose the winning ticket. lol.

I wish I had thrown it away.. somehow that seems less painful.

Noooo, ahh that sounds horrible ;;. You should've torn up that ticket without checking the number. At least you'd feel better :(

Suicide is the only answer.

Ouch. That's rough man.

In other words on the whole raffle ticket thing... the only time I've won one of those I knew I would win, the second I saw my number. I had 69. I was one of the 6 or 7 females in the room, the other, oh 50 or 60 people there were men. Yeah, I knew I'd win. This was when I was a lot shier than I am now, and had only worked there a short time, and thus didn't know most of them.

I had somewhat the opposite experience. Of a couple hundred people and maybe 10 prizes, the numbers one less and one more than my ticket were called. If only I'd entered slightly earlier or slightly later....

I had somewhat the opposite experience. Of a couple hundred people and maybe 10 prizes, the numbers one less and one more than my ticket were called. If only I'd entered slightly earlier or slightly later....

haha, I've gotten that too..

that also sucks ;;

This reminds me of that episode of Ren and Stimpy where they were stuck on some other planet and if they stayed there any longer they were going to implode. Then a bus came by and it was the last bus to Jersey for the next 2,000,000 years, but Stimpy only had like a 5 or something and the driver couldn't make change so he bailed on them. Then stimpy was digging through his pocket and pulled out his hand and was like "Oh silly me, I had a whole pocket full of change". Ren of course got angry and began violently attacking Stimpy, but it was too late, because they both imploded before Ren could cause any real damage :(

Back