Hyperion Status for 8/27

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
So, to start off... I logged in at 6:30 PM JST without any queue or errors.

Ekan is with me and a few other AFK'ers that are holding their spots, lol.

Let's see how today goes!

So far so good for tonight, but I wish there was a /sea all command like FFXI. That was useful to see how a packed server was.

I've gotten a lot done tonight so far, about to ding 26 and Garret was on earlier, along with Ekan and Xer.

About 2 more hours of playtime left for tonight before passing out. :)

It's bad to laugh, but I got the error message for "Unable to load Japan Server List" just now.

And logging in with 2nd account, no queue or error. So yeah guys, change your jobs and play during the day. Hehe....

I'm still logged in from last night. Never logging out.

08/27/2013 8:03 AM
Regarding Congestion in Japan Data Center Worlds (Aug. 27)
Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Currently, an extremely high number of players are enjoying the game. Should the number of players continue to increase at the current pace, there is the possibility that our expectations and server capacity will be greatly surpassed. Therefore, in order to maintain a stable gameplay environment, we are implementing login and character creation restrictions.

In order to be able to welcome a drastically greater number of players, we are starting as early as this week with preparations to increase our facilities, to be ready by early next week. Until that time, we will be continuing to implement these restrictions as required, and we ask for your understanding and patience.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/943fa6090d46a00d08cf709134d7c59b9e695188

This is what we've all been waiting to hear. Also, "...the possibility...". UHHH, HAVE YOU BEEN AWAKE THE PAST FOUR DAYS?

I following Fodder's advice and not logging out ever lol.

I just want to grab SE by the shoulders, shake them uncontrollably, and tell them to put in an afk-kicker and a proper login queue. Its so infuriating and judging by their public responses its almost as if they don't know what the real problems here are.

I'm guessing they were basing expectations on FFXI. Perpetual logins were never an issue there, so...

/sigh Was being nice and let family member use computer. Logged out.. 1017..
See ya again someday..

This is terrible. Wasnt the OFFICIAL launch supposed to remedy this. KICK THE AFKers. This is such nonsense. Only MMO on the planet thats brand new that didnt have the idea to hmmmmm.....to alleviate server congestion should we drop AFKers for inactivity? NAHHHHHHH that coding is OVERRATED! <------- Fire that guy now!

Back