How To Politely Ask Tanks To Use Mitigation? (macro)

RSS News

Syndicated News Service
Hello all,

I've been playing a lot of WHM lately and five of my last six runs were with tanks that hardly used mitigation. The few times that they did use it, it was when they reached extremely low health. My question is: does anyone have a macro to politely explain to tanks that abilities like Rampart and Reprisal should be used to prevent them from getting so low?

I was thinking something along the lines of "<tank name>, please use your abilities like Rampart and Reprisal even when at full health. It really helps us healers, and prevents situations where you are inches from a KO. They're on short cooldowns, so please don't worry about saving them. That's what Hollowed Ground/Holmgang/Living Dead/Superbolide is for!"

I've seen plenty of people post about tanks not using their cooldowns. Almost every time, people suggest to tell the tank that they need to do so. It can be hard to type out something that long in the middle of a dungeon when everyone is rushing ahead, so standardizing the language via macro would make things easier.

I also want to emphasize that I do not want to antagonize or insult tanks. Most of them that do this simply don't know because they are new, or came from games where tanking cooldowns play differently.

submitted by /u/TheDarkerNights
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Back